Why become a member? ×

TLC Waterfalls bass line.

bubinga5

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1474060801' post='3135412']
I used to buy Bassist magazine back in the day, when it ceased publication I tore out all the transcriptions and put them in a folder. Still have that folder and Waterfalls is in there.
[/quote]

I remember that issue! I don't have them anymore, but I recall spending quite a bit of time learning that line ( at the tender age of 18ish); I didn't need it for any gigs, I just thought it was a great line. Turns out I was right!

Yep, great tune. 😊 Bassist had a habit of putting some great players on the cover and transcribing their lines (Guy Pratt, Stuart Zender) then go and put the bloke from Wet Wet Wet on the front and the tab for Love Is All Around inside. For a song that spent 26 years at number 1, I don't know anyone who likes it or bought it, let alone would want to learn it. 😉
Edit: I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to prove me wrong... 😁

Edited by Grassie

Yeah, I noticed this a long time ago, quality bassline and definitely an improvised feel. So sexy and smooth. Lamarquis Jefferson is another of those brilliant Gospel-influenced players, along with guys like Andrew Gouche and Sharay Reed, popping up every now and again to lay down a piece of absolute brilliance.

The feel on 'Waterfalls' is sublime.

Edited by Funky Dunky