Why become a member? ×

Which Bass And Why?

phil.c60

I've had my '99 Hot Rod for 8 years or so and have no intention of parting with it any time soon. As I said before, it plays nicely and has no issues plus it's very light - 7 3/4 lb. Lots of people don't like them, but I like mine.
I'd just like to have something else as well, and whilst I can afford a new one, the depreciation is certainly a factor. If everyone had said "96 P, wouldn't use it to prop open a door" I'd be clearer in my mind.
I am going to see the '96 tomorrow, and if I don't like it, a new one will always be there. As it will if I buy it, decide I don't like it and want to pass it on - at which point I probably (!) won't lose too much.

Edited by phil.c60

Out of the two you mention in particular, the answer is the new American Standard.
They are very very good quality P basses right now.
You know that you love P basses. If you try one and it feels really good to you then resale value probably won't come into it. It's hardly going to be a leap into the unknown.