Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn
£1050

cd_david

Ah man, that is SUCH a great bass. I sold it, get this, because at the time I had two maple fretless 70's Precisions (I kept the one that had been modified with a J-PUP). It had the more resonant of the two bodies (both had been stripped), but I felt I need the extra PUP. The neck on this is amazing, Martin - Simms not Peterson by the way David :) - did an incredible job, truly incredible. It had been played with rounds, and as happened with these boards, the wood was starting to show and discolour. Martin not only reversed all the wear, but managed to blend it all with the original finish thereby keeping the vintage looks albeit with a factory-fresh feel. I would genuinely love this bass back, it really is a player. The body refin looks incredibly well done also.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1470336056' post='3105293']
shame it's not natural (like Sting's) because it would be mine (it was the wrong red, Sting's wasn't see through). GLWTS
[/quote]

It was when I had it (as is the other one) :)

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1470336056' post='3105293']
shame it's not natural (like Sting's) because it would be mine (it was the wrong red, Sting's wasn't see through). GLWTS
[/quote]

Bugger me! You learn something new everyday. I never realised it was a solid red. I always thought it was see through for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1476636450' post='3155838']

Go on Greg, you remember just how good this bass is, and I already have it twin so can't buy it :)
[/quote]

Yup, I do indeed Chris - undoubtedly the nicest fretless maple neck I've ever seen........ Unfortunately I've just acquired yet another mandolin (an F5 this time), hence the "speculative"

Anyway, I wouldn't see having its twin as an obstacle - you could make the worlds first double-necked bass with a 4-string maple fretless neck and......um......a fretless maple 4-string neck. Rounds on one and flats on the other? ;)

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1477334746' post='3161543']
I wish I had the dosh of this. I'd be playing Boz Burrell bass lines all day with this. You always sell what I love Dave.
[/quote]sorry Sam I suppose we both have impeccable taste ;)

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1477337653' post='3161582']
That is gorgeous. And I presume the case is moulded rather than "mouldering"!? (I suspect the hand of Mr Autocorrect...)
[/quote]

Hahahaha sorry I've just seen that and yes it is 'molded' not 'mouldering' :D

Edited by cd_david