Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 13/03/2023 at 12:23, MrDinsdale said:

I think the one advantage of a deeper pedalboard is that you can put always on stuff out of the way where you're not gonna knock it.

you’ll have to explain this to my wife when I come around with a Pedaltrain metro 16 or something. 

Expression pedal on the way… if I’d add a chorus it’d all pack just nicely, let me not get ahead of myself 😇😂

• Haha 1

While I’m waiting for my Pedaltrain and MXR Compressor to arrive my current set of pedals TC Polytune 3 then MXR Bass Pre Amp then SparkBooster 

I will stick the MXR compressor before the Preamp pedal 

I can achieve better EQ ( CTM100 is basic and passive ) with the MXR preamp ( very quiet ) and the SparkBooster is always on but I back off on my bass guitar volume to clean it up and crank it up again when guitarist plays a solo 

Work in progress 37E1F8FB-64B6-4487-B2D8-61B9AAE6CF57.thumb.jpeg.7faa03f527090d23620ec0ce51b736dd.jpeg

• Like 1

Well…! This is not where I am as I have some pending to arrive, but I will be upgrading to a Rockboard 3.0 soon it seems. 

All the pedals below are either on their way to me or with me already… just one enigmatic gap right on the middle - suggestions accepted, I was thinking of a phaser but at this stage is more OCD than anything else 😂

15BADFD1-C7FF-4183-AF18-5E8B8BA41CAC.thumb.jpeg.c7b4275abac36c53c82afbcb7121f31b.jpeg

I’ve got compressor, tuner into the capo (multi distortion preamp/EQ/LPF/pre and post loops/DI outs),

pre loop: expression pedal into the OFF1 (octave, fuzz, filter)

post loop: LEM (multi delay reverb with octaves/fifths up and down and trails etc) and Moog minifooger chorus

I was toying with the idea of a Jam Pedals Ripple Fall bass phaser for the middle… but open to suggestions as seems I’ve got everything else….!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

I think it’s about the last thing I’ve got missing - some Cadbury mini eggs could get me through any set!!

helping you spend your money ideas...

• C4 synth 
  • Torpedo cab thing at the end of the chain.
  • Nobel preamp 
  • Loose the tuner and add HX stomp
  • ANY OF THIS  
Edited by LukeFRC
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ander87 said:

Well…! This is not where I am as I have some pending to arrive, but I will be upgrading to a Rockboard 3.0 soon it seems. 

All the pedals below are either on their way to me or with me already… just one enigmatic gap right on the middle - suggestions accepted, I was thinking of a phaser but at this stage is more OCD than anything else 😂

15BADFD1-C7FF-4183-AF18-5E8B8BA41CAC.thumb.jpeg.c7b4275abac36c53c82afbcb7121f31b.jpeg

I’ve got compressor, tuner into the capo (multi distortion preamp/EQ/LPF/pre and post loops/DI outs),

pre loop: expression pedal into the OFF1 (octave, fuzz, filter)

post loop: LEM (multi delay reverb with octaves/fifths up and down and trails etc) and Moog minifooger chorus

I was toying with the idea of a Jam Pedals Ripple Fall bass phaser for the middle… but open to suggestions as seems I’ve got everything else….!

Future Impact just for fun

• Thanks 1

Hm! Thought about the c4 but the OFF1 + LEM combo give me all the trippy synths stuff I’ll realistically use… same goes for future impact plus that one is huge. 

thinking more functionality than effects, I may be laying my eyes on the Broadcast mostly as a nice boost but also some gain staging - unfortunately I can’t travel to Spain just yet as planned where my Capo is waiting for me 😅

will read around but oh boy it does sound lush, wondering if it’d play nice with the Capo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Hm! Thought about the c4 but the OFF1 + LEM combo give me all the trippy synths stuff I’ll realistically use… same goes for future impact plus that one is huge. 

thinking more functionality than effects, I may be laying my eyes on the Broadcast mostly as a nice boost but also some gain staging - unfortunately I can’t travel to Spain just yet as planned where my Capo is waiting for me 😅

will read around but oh boy it does sound lush, wondering if it’d play nice with the Capo. 

What about a nice reverb or delay to get ambient-y?

The one thing im missing is a reverb oedal i think

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lidl e said:

What about a nice reverb or delay to get ambient-y?

The one thing im missing is a reverb oedal i think

Hm! Could look for one and thanking you for the suggestion... I do have plenty of delays on the LEM and some of the modes do Reverb too though...!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Hm! Could look for one and thanking you for the suggestion... I do have plenty of delays on the LEM and some of the modes do Reverb too though...!

Mate, we need to fill that spot!

Top of my current wishlist is the boss sy-200 followed by the rv-6

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lidl e said:

Mate, we need to fill that spot!

We must! Pedalboard building gives me anxiety lol that’s why I’ve avoided pedals for the best part of my life. My OCD really kicks in by comparison and I’m not often fussy on that for other areas 🥲

I’ve tried to take shortcuts with other pedals and save money but that only went to further wanting to replace etc etc and keep the circus going… this time I think I’m doing it right…!

… just that bloody last spot to fill… and without any gain staging until I get my capo, I may pick up the Broadcast for now then reassess as I’ve got gigs coming up and only clean or kill the audience with fuzz all along - don’t get me wrong the OFF1 does very sustainable low gain sounds but it’s still a fuzz…!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

We must! Pedalboard building gives me anxiety lol that’s why I’ve avoided pedals for the best part of my life. My OCD really kicks in by comparison and I’m not often fussy on that for other areas 🥲

I’ve tried to take shortcuts with other pedals and save money but that only went to further wanting to replace etc etc and keep the circus going… this time I think I’m doing it right…!

… just that bloody last spot to fill… and without any gain staging until I get my capo, I may pick up the Broadcast for now then reassess as I’ve got gigs coming up and only clean or kill the audience with fuzz all along - don’t get me wrong the OFF1 does very sustainable low gain sounds but it’s still a fuzz…!

Not that I have recreated your board on pedal playground or anything geeky like that... but the D'addario Expand 1 board looks to be the perfect size for those pedals fully extended... (if you ask ask @jimbobothy he's had one of those boards.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Not that I have recreated your board on pedal playground or anything geeky like that...

Haha! Interesting, I considered the Xpand1 and I love a single line thing tbh, but I will ask how’s the Velcro behaving on the layer that slides in, and have to research on space for a PSU… I do like the concept though!

12 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Haha! Interesting, I considered the Xpand1 and I love a single line thing tbh, but I will ask how’s the Velcro behaving on the layer that slides in, and have to research on space for a PSU… I do like the concept though!

... the velcro acts fine when sliding in and out. There is a bit of a step between the two layers, but you can just space the pedals to compensate for it, or double up the velcro on one side of a pedal if you need to go over the join.

I also prefer the single rail boards I think, and the XPND works really well in that department. The bag is expensive for what it is, so you could consider getting a Pedaltrain Nano Max, keeping the bag and selling the board to get a decent bag for less ha ha!!

For a PSU the Cioks DC 7 I think just squeezes under there (check you tube for what it looks like). I'm currently using a daisy chain with mini pedals and for a quick pedal change around if needed it's great. 

• Thanks 1

Well, fantastic, I've learnt my pedals would barely, just about fit a Nano Max on single row - that one is 28" vs the XPND's 24.75"

image.thumb.png.bf8708c9b924c7dd6ed155d288609771.png

Also, that will mean potentially longer runs of patch cables for the pre/post loops on the capo, or putting the capo in the middle and blocking some outputs etc of course.

Back to the OG plan of the Rockboard 3.0!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Well, fantastic, I've learnt my pedals would barely, just about fit a Nano Max on single row - that one is 28" vs the XPND's 24.75"

image.thumb.png.bf8708c9b924c7dd6ed155d288609771.png

Also, that will mean potentially longer runs of patch cables for the pre/post loops on the capo, or putting the capo in the middle and blocking some outputs etc of course.

Back to the OG plan of the Rockboard 3.0!

I’d suggest you look at the PT Jr or Rockboard 4.1

Personally I’d go with the Jr as I think with the pedals you’ve got and the layout you’re not going to get a lot out of the patchbay

15 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

I’d suggest you look at the PT Jr or Rockboard 4.1

Ahar! yep I considered but the PT Jr/ Rockboard 4.1 would leave a single row space that I knoooow I'd want to fill up with 2/3 pedals more, I'm trying to delimit myself to what I do need/use and forget about it 😅

The Rockboard 3.0 has just been ordered alongside the Harley benton iso 2 power supply, we shall see how things progress here, but the plan should be here:

image.thumb.png.7c01bc3bcfbe1ae98d1ccc1a710a4c3a.png

A bird told me Hudson Electronics is preparing a bunch of special runs, 24V internal operated Broadcasts (9v input required) and I'm here for that - it'll do my distortion until I can get my hands on the Capo, and still do an 'always on' boost once the Capo is here.

The top row won't see much foot action anyway, distortion to switch in between songs, with fuzz / octave / chorus / delays etc on the bottom row.

• Like 3

I've been doing a lot of soul searching about my current board, it sounds amazing but for a while I've really wanted to add something a little more fun like an Octave pedal or some kind of modulation.

699814981_Screenshot2023-03-21at13_17_31.png.0e59a0ec8a6239f93814d46f6cf60d03.png

Thanks to @Ander87 I've become a little obsessed with the OFF1 and LEM, I was impressed by the videos of the OFF1 at the time but totally forgot about it. Hypothetically if I did get my hands on them I'd have to extend to the Rockboard 3.0 from the 2.1 I'm currently using. This would mean I could get the MOD bay and have the Capo DI along with in/outs and an optional expression pedal jack. Not super keen on rotating the pedals but I don't think theres another option. It also means upgrading the Cioks DC4 to a DC7 😭 Here's how it's looking:

209756518_Screenshot2023-03-21at13_18_10.png.4432511e56ed1a5606739a967c9a90f5.png

I use the Model FeT and Hyper Luminal always on, the Capo rarely gets touched but handy to have at the front. That leaves me with my Longsword 🖤 and potentially an OFF1 and LEM up front to play with (if I can find the funds and justify it).

Planning a pedalboard is the worst 🥲

Edited by MrDinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Planning a pedalboard is the worst 🥲

haha all this planning and spacing etc gets my anxiety up - and yes, I was initially after the OFF1 only but having seen how the LEM works in combination... OOOooooft synthy heaven! Glad I'm dragging some more victims with me :) 

I was looking for a CS6 by True Tone, seeing as the Cioks stuff is out of my budget etc... I once again rely on the Harley Benton, this time the ISO 2 pro, 8 outputs, 2 of which do 9/12/18v and £60 all in from new... did my share of lurking on Facebook marketplace and here but I didn't find good stuff used and the Harley Benton supply I've had has done me well... my only gripe is that it doesn't have the kettle lead which would be nice but that's me being picky... I'll reassess if I want to go down the route of patch bay etc...!

BTW, you could probs put the Ditto and Tuner one above the other, and that cooouuuuld save you space for a mini expression pedal? I wish I could recommend mine but I've no TRS (yet) cable so can't assess how it works lol but mechanically it seems very well built!

Ander.

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bassfan said:

New rig wired and ready to go. 

D5D9DBEA-EA56-4459-966D-7F366F2387F7.jpeg

Nice board! Have you tried the DMC Micro preset editor site? You can name your presets up to 8 characters if you have the v2 firmware. Really helpful. Here's mine

DMC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1