Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1349374247' post='1825505']
So far mine is kind of pathetic. Not on a board either and I'm missing my TU-2.

[/quote]

I like it! I used to have the Behringer DC9 and it was really very good :)
You might need some overdrive on there though ;)

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1349374453' post='1825509']
The fact you can control it with a mouse is pretty rock and roll though.
[/quote]

Haha I was thinking the same thing :lol:

The mouse is the key element! haha

Reagarding the overdrive..... in the loop I have room (in my head) for one more sound. I was thinking about a dedicated envelope filter..... but the digitech will more than likely get used for that (the synth and filter tones are a bit OTT for my liking).

I was thinkin of a OD pedal, so that may be the next purchase!

I will say though that the Ls-2 is the 2nd biggest, most important purchase of my bassing life! After a good bass!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1349526932' post='1827355']
change to the board as after a long time hunting I've found (to my ears) phaser heaven!!!

no room on the board for a tuner any more, so the TU-2 will have to live on the floor for a bit! I wish that pedaltrain made a wider single-tier pedalboard :)

[/quote]

You could get a Polytune Mini on there though!

Playing with my board today and local beatbox legend LeeTabix came a long for a jam with the aim of creating a new live project. This is the first (badly shot) idea we played with...

Fuzzrocious BDPG - WMD Super FatMan (drops in later) - Moog ClusterFlux - TC Nova Delay...

http://youtu.be/iegz7LZl-cc

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1349526932' post='1827355']
no room on the board for a tuner any more, so the TU-2 will have to live on the floor for a bit! I wish that pedaltrain made a wider single-tier pedalboard :)
[/quote]

I can't tell for sure, but there looks like an awful lot of spare space there, so if it's not quite enough for your existing tuner, maybe some low-profile jacks would help get some more space ?

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1349603265' post='1828073']
I can't tell for sure, but there looks like an awful lot of spare space there, so if it's not quite enough for your existing tuner, maybe some low-profile jacks would help get some more space ?
[/quote]

yeah, there is a lot of space and i could fit a TU-2 on quite easily, but i don't like having my pedals much closer together than they are on the board... i jump around a fair bit when playing and stamp down quite hard/ inaccurately on the board, any closer and I tend to turn on things by mistake ;)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1349611647' post='1828221']
... i don't like having my pedals much closer together than they are on the board... i jump around a fair bit when playing and stamp down quite hard/ inaccurately on the board, any closer and I tend to turn on things by mistake ;)
[/quote]

Ah okay, so this kind of thing wouldn't suit you then ?

It works for me, guess I'm not as excitable as you when I play :)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1349613252' post='1828242']

Ah okay, so this kind of thing wouldn't suit you then ?

It works for me, guess I'm not as excitable as you when I play :)
[/quote]

I love this board. I have a red dragon and microfuzz myself. I could do with Max doing a micro comp (not sure when the much discussed prototype might go into production) and a micro chorus (I have a full size analogman and have an eye on a mini chorus but would like to see whatMax could cook up).

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1349648260' post='1828789']
I love this board.
[/quote]

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1349648260' post='1828789']I could do with Max doing a micro comp (not sure when the much discussed prototype might go into production) ...
[/quote]

The word on TB is that he's flooded with work, doesn't want the extra pressure of a new production pedal, so the comp is on the back-burner. That was a while ago though (earlier this year maybe ?), so it might be worth asking again.

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1349648260' post='1828789']
I could do with Max doing a micro comp (not sure when the much discussed prototype might go into production)
[/quote]

I thought my compressor GAS was subdued when I found the Aguilar TLC... But a teeny weeny SFX one I could tuck away in the corner of my board would definitely pique my interest!!

I don't know if anyone remembers but I mentioned a while ago about moving to a modular setup, where I can link 2 or 3 different boards together depending on the gig - Just finished the mock up for the second board, as I have all the pedals, and will be buying another PT-Nano in the near future!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349647411' post='1828780']
Been a while since I posted my pedalboard... Check it out in our new music vid!!!

[media]http://youtu.be/hG940DEAazQ[/media]
[/quote]Some great sounds but it's not really a "Music Vid", more of an advert for the brands you use. Which is ok, by the way. :)

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1349806821' post='1830835']
I don't know if anyone remembers but I mentioned a while ago about moving to a modular setup, where I can link 2 or 3 different boards together depending on the gig - Just finished the mock up for the second board, as I have all the pedals, and will be buying another PT-Nano in the near future!

[/quote]

Quasar DLX - been thinking about one for a while - what do you you think of it?

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1349807802' post='1830851']
Some great sounds but it's not really a "Music Vid", more of an advert for the brands you use. Which is ok, by the way. :)
[/quote]

Maybe. The editor did cut in a few more actual brand 'names' than expected... But the brief was to show we perform live, using lots of gear and to show us and gear we use. Plus it's a video. And it has music in it. So in my book, that's a music video :)

Yes I do. But for future videos. This is our first 'real' video (one that we didn't shoot ourselves with camcorders and a 50p budget) and the thing we have always struggled with is people 'getting' what we do. We have never played a show and not had the promoter or organiser ask us back or sing our praise, and for that I'm really proud... But roughly 80% (or more) of enquiries we send out get met with, "we have DJ's for that kinda stuff, not sure how it would work with a live band" etc etc... As places are not keen to take risks these days we've had a few doors shut before they have opened.

We have been lucky enough to have 2 such promotors make the effort to come and see us play other shows, both apologised for being narrow sighted and both booked us for shows after seeing us live. Both also commented that if we could display ourselves with a powerful tune in a video that showed we were not only a real live act but use gear in a way that gets people asking questions about us that they would not of hesitated to book us earlier.

This is that 'door opener'.

Every show without fail we get collared packing away with people asking about the gear, the chopper and trash former cymbals, my Moogs, what we have in our headphones etc etc. seems LOTS of people are gear-freaks and we wanted to push that.

It went out late Sunday night and we have had 5 enquiries about gigs (via email) already, all offering far more money than we would usually charge... So I'm VERY happy with the results.

We have an idea for a rather abstract and interesting video which we 'almost' went with for this one, but I'm glad we held it back. Rest assured next time we'll go all out! :)