Why become a member? ×

Wal Mk II 5-String SOLD
£4000

lowregisterhead

For sale is a Wal Mk II 5-string, serial no. W2791, made in November 1986, signed off by Carl. Mahogany core, beautiful striped Padauk facings, and an Indian Ebony fingerboard, which looks very similar to rosewood.

I bought it from the second owner, who had it for 20 years, who in turn bought it from a London session player (whose name he couldn't remember, unfortunately) who was the original owner. It's in great condition for a 30-year-old bass, the only noticeable wear being a little finger marking above the neck pickup, the inevitable chip in the lacquer on the tip of the headstock, and slight buckle rash on the back of the lower horn. It's also fitted with a custom finger plate, which is held in place by the truss rod 'boat', and can easily be removed if not required. It comes complete with the original Wal case. Weight is 5.2kg on my digital bathroom scales.

A re-fret and a full service was carried out by Paul Herman at Wal in February of this year, everything works just as it should, it sounds fantastic, and plays like a dream.

No trades please. I live between Woking and Guildford, 10 minutes from junction 10 of the M25 in Surrey, postcode GU23. PM me if you want to come for a look.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...