Why become a member? ×

Warwick basses

dazco

I nearly bought a Thumb last year, I heard of an NT going for £800 when looking for a new bass but didn't follow it up. My Dolphin isn't too heavy I doubt the tone cavity takes much off the weight but the reinforcing rods in the neck probably make up for it. As for sound, yea I can make it sound zingy, it also does good impressions of a Precision a Jazz and even a Ric. I get a really nice low growel out of it, even the guitarist I jam with has commented on how nice it sounds, doesn't sound tinny like other basses (his words not mine).

Here's my two Thumbs. Guess that makes me some kind of masochist. :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=13374"]Pic here.[/url]

(P.S. Is there any way to properly re-use attached images? They're in my control panel but I can't get at them with the "img" or "attachment" tags.)

Edited by rjb

I absolutely adore my black oil $$ that I bought from Jake, so much so that my others haven't been touched a great deal. My tutor also loves her too, he says she's got a great action and a great tone and he loves her fat neck, says it's something to grab hold of and know that you are holding something!! He prefers my $$'s neck to his fretless......and that's a WAL!!!! So that's one up Das Varwick :)

[quote name='Merton' post='295289' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:54 AM']Of the Warwicks I've played (only very few) the onyl one I liked was Monz's 5 string Corvette which I got my grubby mits on atthe bash. Genuinely liked that a lot, never been a fan of any others, mainly don't like their necks.[/quote]

Why thank you for those kind words...

I love my Corvette to bits, it's a fantastic workhorse with a typical growl and after a years worth of tinkering I've got it as good as I can for me. I'm definately having another bass but rest assured the warwick will be on the bass stand at every gig in case my new one gives up the ghost.. It may still get to be the prefered bass for anything we do that is funky anyway

[quote name='rjb' post='298384' date='Oct 3 2008, 10:28 AM']Here's my two Thumbs. Guess that makes me some kind of masochist. :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=13374"]Pic here.[/url]

(P.S. Is there any way to properly re-use attached images? They're in my control panel but I can't get at them with the "img" or "attachment" tags.)[/quote]

Is it me, or is the NT a smaller body than the BO? Interesting.....

[quote name='Gamble' post='298464' date='Oct 3 2008, 11:36 AM']Is it me, or is the NT a smaller body than the BO? Interesting.....[/quote]

Yup! The horns are shorter to allow for the neck pocket.

The NT is still heavier though. :)

I just can't get on with those dinky little bodies! I've got no problem with the tone, but I just can't get comfortable wearing one, and that puts me off, even if it is a bit superficial.

Mate of mine just finished doing an album with his Warwick's, and it's one of the best bass tones I've heard on record in ages though, they do sound lovely!!

I really want a new job. then I will have evenings free and can get a chance to form a band again and play my wick propperly.
Having said that its going to be a shock going from 2 controls, one of which i never touch and the other i sometimes use to a whole two band active and pup blend system. Will be confusing.

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='298550' date='Oct 3 2008, 01:13 PM']I really want a new job. then I will have evenings free and can get a chance to form a band again and play my wick propperly.
Having said that its going to be a shock going from 2 controls, one of which i never touch and the other i sometimes use to a whole two band active and pup blend system. Will be confusing.[/quote]

There's an active 3 band in my Thumb 5 and I almost never touch it - just a bit of low boost when I really want to rattle my trousers on stage! Just because it's there doesn't mean you need it IMO.

[quote name='YouMa' post='299081' date='Oct 4 2008, 03:19 AM']Warwicks,mine plays on its own,the only reason im selling it is because it drives its self,it is a very funky machine,i have come to the conclusion that i cant control active eqs.[/quote]

[quote name='Gamble' post='299259' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:54 AM']There's an active 3 band in my Thumb 5 and I almost never touch it - just a bit of low boost when I really want to rattle my trousers on stage! Just because it's there doesn't mean you need it IMO.[/quote]
+1 - why does everybody assume cos they have actives they need to turn it all up to 11?