Why become a member? ×

Fun Times with Interparcel

Clarky72

I've always used parcelforce never an issue. There picking up something today to go to another bc member so Sod's law and me writing this tempting fate will no doubt mean it will all go wrong haha.

As Discreet said all the companies have horror stories so who do you use. One day delivery drones will fly basses and amps direct, then we will have to worry about drone pirates, landings oh and bird strikes lol.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1464262211' post='3057982']
It looks to me like the guarantee is for the date, not the time, which seems pretty meaningless. It's something that Interparcel could do with clarifying.
[/quote]
That may be what the case, but if they state

[quote]
[color=#4D5459][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial][size=3]7.1 [/size][/font][/font][/color][color=#4D5459][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial][size=3]Collection dates and times are not guaranteed unless you have selected a '[/size][/font][/font][/color][url="http://www.interparcel.com/help/faq.php?category=Collection%20and%20Delivery"]Guaranteed Collection Service'[/url][color=#4D5459][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial][size=3] such as Interparcel Premium[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#4D5459][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial][size=3][/quote][/size][/font][/font][/color][color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]That suggests "AND TIME"[/size][/font][/color]

Exactly they then go on to say to me that actually the time isn't guaranteed. Even though it states it there in black and white in clause 7.1.

Theiving misleading gits.

Anyhow, after an email back from them refusing to compensate me for the extra day needed to be there to hand over the collection, and for the late delivery, and for the receive to also need to be there for an additional day to receive this late delivery, I decided the BBC might be interested. I have just written to Watchdog.

I know its fairly petty, but its a misleading service wasting time of two parties and not actually delivering the service I specifically paid extra to guarantee...

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1464353586' post='3058773']
...on time!
[/quote]

[size=1]'On time' may mean in a week or even a month. Hell, we may even not turn up at all and still expect you to pay a premium price for our services. When you complain we'll tell you to feck off and die, what do you think we are? It's hard enough finding morons who'll drive around in heavy traffic all day and do 200 deliveries before they go home for minimum wage, they're not going to be conscientious as well, are they? Would you be? Tell you what, if you stay in 24/7 for the next six months and give us double payment I MIGHT be able to sort something out. Thanks for choosing Interparcel.[/size]

I used DPD this week for my second time of using - second time of their failing to collect on the agreed day too.

Normally I use UPS with no problems, but DPD is a no-no from here on. :(

I always book through Interparcel. It's not them, they're simply a booking agent. It's DPD who're rubbish.