Why become a member? ×

Jeff Berlin interview Bass Magazine

Prosebass

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='295582' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:20 PM']Double teamed by you and Jeff Berlin? Now there's a thought.[/quote]

Does everything come down to that with you......
Once again you have brought an enlightened, interesting ,topical subject into the gutter...
shame on you.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='295593' date='Sep 30 2008, 04:30 PM']Does everything come down to that with you......
Once again you have brought an enlightened, interesting ,topical subject into the gutter...
shame on you.[/quote]

Bassically I'm a sexual deviant who doesn't have the intellect to maintain such a high-brow discussion as this.

[quote name='SteveK' post='295545' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:56 PM']Seems BC needs a forum for the under 12s.[/quote]

I think that's a bit harsh. I haven't been posting here because I know absolutely nothin of Jeff Berlin. However, the accusation that anyone who doesn't like the attitudes he portrays and/or disagrees with him is just jealous, is far more childish than disagreeing with his attitude to the point of dislike IE I haven't seen any evidence of jealousy of JB, just people saying "he's single minded" "he thinks he's always right and no-one else is" etc. Pointing out his sh*t taste in trainers could be called childish, but it's obviously meant in jest.

[quote]Seems BC needs a forum for the under 12s.[/quote]
[quote]I think that's a bit harsh. I haven't been posting here because I know absolutely nothin of Jeff Berlin.[/quote]
Just to be clear, that wasn't in reference to any like or dislike of Berlin and McCartney discussion, but to the "[i]your a c*ckface[/i]" "[i]he's a c*ck[/i]" type post.

[quote name='SteveK' post='295670' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:37 PM']Just to be clear, that wasn't in reference to any like or dislike of Berlin and McCartney discussion, but to the "[i]your a c*ckface[/i]" "[i]he's a c*ck[/i]" type post.[/quote]
Got to ask SteveK, a propos of nothing Berlin/McCartney, but thats a very sexual pose with your bass in your avatar.

Are you about to lick it? :)

[quote name='SteveK' post='295545' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:56 PM']In total agreement with [b]jakesbass[/b].

Seems BC needs a forum for the under 12s.[/quote]
No I just think this site starting to serve fewer and fewer people everyday. Its becoming TOO big,The same things (Clips,vids,threads) keep coming up and the SAME sh*tehurling occurs....over musical taste,style,wood choice,Bass choice (P's Vs J's....PLEASE NO MORE)..String number (Old and dead).

respect works both ways,but sometimes its getting tedious.....right now is one of those times...I wont let some 18/20 something f***tard with a firewood Japcrap tell me what I should listen too,neither will I bow to "I own X make of instrument so therefor my opinion counts" type crap either,Im just as bad,as I just use this place to let off steam after a day at work.

Thats why I tend to enjoy Finnbass a bit more,less buttkissing,more gags,and generally more actual info about a question (and a good few DIY tips too)...Just wish there was a bit more going on......

...So thats me off then...thanks for the memories folks,have a good day!

XRX

Edited by ARGH

and further to discussions on Mr. Berlin (but steering well clear of his personality traits, appearance compared to certain Adult 'film' stars, and choice of footwear) I'd love to see him in a reprise of the famous SNL sketch; where Christopher Walken repeatedly demands "more chorus"...... whaddya reckon folks?

[quote name='Master blaster' post='295796' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:37 PM']Jeff Berlin may be good but hes comes across as a cock in the interview. And his mustache makes him look like a pedophile.[/quote]
that's a little harsh, it actually makes him look American...

[quote name='Prosebass' post='293824' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:20 PM']Only plays a 4 string,
Owns 1 bass
Same set up since 75
Uses good straightforward 15" Markbass Combo

What a dude....... :)[/quote]

In case we have all forgot the original opening post is above.

All I wanted to draw attention to is the fact that he has a very inexpensive bass and rig and just concentrates on playing.
Whether he is a cock or not has no bearing on the fact that he has achieved a lot in his genre with very modest means....apart from his talent, or lack of it depending on which side of the fence you sit.

Would anyone like to comment on his modest rig.......