Why become a member? ×

Behringer XR18

Dropzone

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1462478504' post='3043437']
Anyone have the 16? I can't justify the cost of the 18 but the 16 is half the price, and am pretty happy with 8 microphone channels and 4 busses.
I assume the functionality is the same but just less of.
[/quote]

In addition - Main differences are the lack of multitrack recording - XR16 will only do a stereo mix - and the XR16 doesn't have Ultranet, which is used for the separate P16-M monitor mixers.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1462527235' post='3043735']
In addition - Main differences are the lack of multitrack recording - XR16 will only do a stereo mix - and the XR16 doesn't have Ultranet, which is used for the separate P16-M monitor mixers.
[/quote]

I knew about the lack of multitrack recording, and that is a bit of a shame to drop off (but again, the price difference is about double, so I can live with it). Not sure what the monitor mixers are - will have a look into that to see if it is something I need.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1468859906' post='3093853']
I prefer to use my big Samsung tablet to my phone, Apple looks different to Android and laptop is different again with LOADS of extra features.
[/quote]

+1 it's better to work with on a bigger screen. We use a fairly cheap android tablet which works fine. Doesn't need to be too fancy as all the processing is happening inside the xr not in the tablet.

[quote name='Dropzone' timestamp='1469012227' post='3095037']
I think it will be ok with one big screen and other members with phones???
[/quote]

Yep just make sure they all know to change their own monitor feed and not foh because on a small screen it can be hard to tell the difference.