Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot repairs Manchester??

Rayman

[quote name='Rayman' post='292519' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:20 AM']Anyone know of a good repairers I can take my Trace combo to in the North west ....Pro-Line in Cheshire have turned me away...[/quote]

Bugger, that was who I was just about to suggest...why did they turn you away ??

Where abouts are you ?
A pal of mine near Chorley does electrical servicing of amps/desks etc as a side line, highly qualified electrical chap but its not his main business.

He has just started taking in work from rehearsal studios.
pm me if you want his details.

Dave

[quote name='Merton' post='292531' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:30 AM']Not that this helps, but what's up with it?[/quote]

Well, I dunno really. I was halfway through a song during the first set on Saturday night, and the amp just went off. I turned around, the band played on without me, I unplugged it, then plugged it in again and it came back on for a minute, then died again. Now it just isn't firing up at all. I've tried other power leads just in case, but nothing. I've had it out of the cabinet (in front of the audience) and no sign of anything loose or whatever.

Pro-Lines suggestion wasn't very helpful. Because of its age, he just refused to touch it, saying he'd never find the replacement parts. He suggested buying a new amp altogether..............hmmmmmm.

I'm in trouble now. No amp, my trusty Roland sold on, and no-one to repair the Trace.

It's such a nice amp, mint condition and all that, but I think this is the last straw, time to move it on if I can locate the fault and fix it.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='293088' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:52 PM']+alot from me

Has repaired and serviced about 2k worth of gear for me.

Rayman do you need to borrow an amp for anything important over the next week or so?[/quote]

Cheers Steve, thanks for the offer mate, but I'm OK for now.

Fuse is OK, at least it [i]looks[/i] OK, I might get another one just in case. No light at all musematt. When it first died, I unplugged it, then plugged it in again. The power came on, as did the red LED, but only for a minute or so, and it went off again, never to come back on.

I'll give Dave Lunt a shout.

[quote name='Rayman' post='293330' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:44 AM']Amp's on it's way to Dave.[/quote]

Good call. Dunno if he still plays, but he used to be an awesome bass player, in the style of Colin Hodgkinson but left handed.

He used to work for Muir Music on Chester Road in the late '70s (Burman dealers!), and I used to hang out in Sounds Acoustic next door.