Why become a member? ×

Video of late Jaco clinic unearthed by the MI

Cairobill

Forgive me if this has been posted before. The Musicians Institute has unearthed an old clinic given by Jaco around the mid eighties complete with demos and some extreme muso jamming (Gambale in full shred mode with original hair :) ).

Weirdest thing about it is that Jaco is playing a fretted JAYDEE...

Anyway here it is for the Jaco completists!

[url="http://jacopastorius.com/videos/jaco-pastorius-musicians-institute-appearance/"]http://jacopastorius...ute-appearance/[/url]

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1459695505' post='3018676']
I just happened to hit the section where he was talking about practicing slowly rather that at normal speed. That's something that has never occurred to me and makes so much sense. Definitely gonna give that a try.
[/quote]

Really?
I thought that was pretty much standard procedure, start off slow & build up to full speed.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1459695939' post='3018680']
Really?
I thought that was pretty much standard procedure, start off slow & build up to full speed.
[/quote]

Not on Jaco material.
You start of on full speed, and then get faster and faster.
Usually on a gig.

[quote name='Cairobill' timestamp='1459701267' post='3018733']
Very rare footage though - there's not a lot of this type of stuff. I am a total Jaco nut...it's good to see something new
[/quote]

Jaco fan as well, and yes, good to see new footage.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1459716536' post='3018972']
I'm torn with this one. I love the guy too but this looks like it's from around the time he was well on the slide. Can't help feeling he's playing a Jaydee because he couldn't locate one of his own basses.
[/quote]

There's a bit where he can't get a harmonic while playing/remembering 'Portrait...' And said something about a dead fret, a voice says "I'm working on it..." As if it is a borrowed bass.

Might be me hearing things.

He seems together but not 100%. Does anyone know if this is before or after the Warner Brothers Video?