Why become a member? ×

New bass range; "Tuscany" on Ebay

solo4652

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Tuscany-Fusion-Bass-Guitar-in-3-Tone-Burst/291724035942?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35309%26meid%3D129258c267994f2b8b2ae0dd44cc40fc%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D29%26sd%3D262355521884"]http://www.ebay.co.u...%3D262355521884[/url]

There have been a couple of threads on here. General opinion is that they may well be cheapy chinese knock-offs. Has anybody actually seen or played one? Specs look good on paper...

Edited by solo4652

If I recall correctly, they were developed (or perhaps simply marketed) in Italy by Galeazzo Frudua, who does have some reputation for his boutique basses. I honestly have no idea how they sound.

I was sent two of these to review some pickups installed a while ago. Not a bad bass but I recall that we guessed that the price range of the instruments would have been in the £250 price bracket. I'm not sure that the two offerings we had could have matched up with a Yamaha or Ibanez at the advertised price point in the OP. Maybe they've been improved since and have that 'you''l be amazed' quality that is being advertised here.

Looks good though - and I'm glad that the headstock design has had some thought put into it, rather than some 'copy' headstocks that just look like the R&D department went to the pub for lunch before coming up with a 'masterpiece'.

• 2 months later...

The real Frudua instrument were great,made by Galeazzo himslef.
These ones are a chinese line of product that have nothing in common with the original.I really don't know why I had to choose these instead another chinese product