Why become a member? ×

Watford Valves Full Revalve Kits - any experience?

chrisaxe

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the full Revalve kits from Watford Valves? I have an Orange AD200b that could do with a service, and was considering this https://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=2236

Just wanted to get your opinions and experience on these valves.

Thanks,

Chris.

Do you have to replace the lot? Surely your Tech should be able to see what needs changing and what doesn't. Pre amp valves are usually very long life. Who are you getting to service it?

BTW, Watford Valves have a good rep and I'm sure the kit is fine, I'd just make sure you needed them

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1459456868' post='3016882']
Do you have to replace the lot? Surely your Tech should be able to see what needs changing and what doesn't. Pre amp valves are usually very long life. Who are you getting to service it?

BTW, Watford Valves have a good rep and I'm sure the kit is fine, I'd just make sure you needed them
[/quote]

I will probable just replace the output valves - they are stock and the amp is a few years old now. But it works out as a good price to buy the full set, even if I do not use the preamp valves straight away. Edited by chrisaxe

[quote name='chrisaxe' timestamp='1459457045' post='3016883']
I will probable just replace the output valves - they are stock and the amp is a few years old now. But it works out as a good price to buy the full set, even if I do not use the preamp valves straight away.
[/quote]

Fill your boots then. The price does not look too bad at all

I've got nothing but good things to say about Watford Valves - they've been able to recommend (and provide) everything I've ever needed valve wise for years.

Getting hold of quality valves is one thing; having them installed and properly biased is another matter entirely - best get a qualified tech to do that bit.

I used [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Watford Valves Kits to replace the full pre and power section in my Laney LC15 and then later on in my Hotrod Deluxe. After a chat on the phone about my requirements and going with what they advised; my Hotrod sounds killer!. Good prices too. [/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​10/10 from my experience. [/color][/font]