Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro LX

funkbassist

[quote name='funkbassist' timestamp='1459422646' post='3016351']
I did have a look in to the Ian hill model. Any of you played one?
[/quote]

I have one..... and a Wimbish one.... and a regular one.
I love the Ian Hill model, VERY comfortable neck profile and sounds monstrous.....

From my experience of 5 string Spector Euros the neck profile do have some variety depending when it was made. My latest Euro5 has a slim (front to back) neck whereas the old NS5 CR from the same factory had a chunkier neck.

I assume the OP refers to 4 string Euro's, which I had only one but I never thought it had a chunky profile. Maybe because that was my only 4 string bass at the time and anything 4 string seemed to be tiny compared to my 5 and 6 string basses.

[quote name='funkbassist' timestamp='1459419226' post='3016300']
Looking into buying a Euro LX anyone got any info on how they compare to a fender jazz? Used to playing my jazz/jaguar. Had a spector legend years ago and recall the necks being skim and fast but I was wondering what the euro models are like? Any info is appreciated
[/quote]

As for the rest of the bass, it is more ergonomic (for me) than a Fender bass. Smaller body that has an arch to it, lighter weight and a tone to die for :-)

If you're used to a Jazz then the ergonomics of an LX4 will feel very different. Not in a bad way, but the most noticeable thing for me is that you have to reach about two frets farther to reach the first fret on an LX4.

This isn't a problem unless your arms are too short :D but I found swapping back from a Jazz to an LX4 that I hit the third fret when I meant to fret the first fret. After a while you get used to the longer reach.

Frank.

I vaguely remember having that issues but it was a good 5 years ago since I played my legend 4 stringer. I was just generalising with the euro lx. I was torn between a 5 and 4 but the Ian hill model has caught my eye. I know the wimbish has a more jazz style neck but I want something different so I'm gonna go for the the hill model I reckon.