Why become a member? ×

Play of the Day, Basschat Composition Challenge, March...

Dad3353

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Play of the Day...[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Feel free to 'follow' this topic to be alerted (warned..? :unsure: ) when new posts arrive. I'll be using this same topic throughout for this month's Challenge.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial] [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]Good day, all...[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Here is my own, personal, view of the compositions presented in the monthly BC Composition Challenge, in randomly chosen order. I hope that at least some of you may be inspired to give the pieces a listen, and perhaps vote for your 3 favourites. All of them can be heard here...[/font][/color]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281744-march-composition-challenge-voting-and-prizes/"][color=#0000ff][font=Arial]March Composition Challenge - VOTING![/font][/color][/url]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]... and this 'Play of the Day' here …[/font][/color]
[url="http://soundcloud.com/dredd-and-the-badass-weed/there-she-blows"][color=#0000ff][font=Arial]'There She Blows!', from Leonard Smalls …[/font][/color][/url]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]A bar or so to set the tempo and the rocking, rolling laid-back funky beat starts up, with a comfortably substantial bass, discreet guitar and suitably nearly-cheese keys. This format is maintained throughout, with deft interjections from solo guest spots, more for anecdote and decoration than primeval structure. The real 'meat and bones' are set up and consolidated by the vocals, and more yet by the lyrics. The work gone into having such an apparently casual delivery is considerable (or Lenny's just extremely lucky; unlikely, maybe, but a distinct possibility..!). As compositions go, from a purely instrumental point of view, this is a solid brick-built terrace, on firm foundations; no surprises, just a drop or two of quirkyness keeping boredom at more than an arm's length. Feet are tapped. Still, there would be little to arrest attention for more than a few bars without the voice-over (no, I think 'singing' would be being just a little [i]too[/i] generous, just the same...). A couple of squeezes to get a couple of the rhymes to rhyme, giving an even more authentic poetic effect, and just enough treatment on the vocals to enhance, rather than bury; progress, then, on that front, too.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]What else to say..? The subject..? Yes, it's as true to the picture as the Challenge demands, the composition as a whole is flawless, an excellent arrangement enabling the lyrics to shine; nay, glitter, so finely polished are they. A clean recording, despite the subject, tastefully treated and aptly presented; full marks. I've not listened to 'em all yet, but whatever beats this is darned good, I'd say. My thumb is up, Lenny; well up.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color]
[url="http://soundcloud.com/foolsjourney/thunderhead"][color=#0000ff][font=Arial]'ThunderHead', from Bleat ...[/font][/color][/url]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]Until then...[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Have a nice day[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial]Douglas[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Dad3353

Cheers Douglas!
As you rightly say, much more thought went into the lyrics than the music; I'd been listening to "Gimmix" by John Cooper Clarke on orange, plectrum shaped vinyl!
Excellent write up, as ever, and I'm pleased you like it.
Obviously I'll have to return to tuneless free improve next month...

S'funny that spell check changes "improv" to "improve"!
It's obviously bourgeois reactionary software designed to oppress the working man by stifling his creativity (in a non-sexist way wot with referring to me, and me being a bloke and not a 15 year old girl from Wisconsin, honest!)

The negative effects of this '[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]bourgeois reactionary software' may be curtailed somewhat by the (now old-fashioned...) habit of 'reading through' before clicking on the 'Post' button. Not all is caught by this process, but quite a lot of 'improvements' can be spotted, and corrected.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] :mellow:[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just sayin'. [/font][/color]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"] [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Good day, all...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Here is my own, personal, view of the compositions presented in the monthly BC Composition Challenge, in randomly chosen order. I hope that at least some of you may be inspired to give the pieces a listen, and perhaps vote for your 3 favourites. All of them can be heard here...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281744-march-composition-challenge-voting-and-prizes/"][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"]March Composition Challenge - VOTING![/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]... and this 'Play of the Day' here …[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/foolsjourney/thunderhead"][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"]'ThunderHead', from Bleat ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]A clap of thunder, sounding much like a jet plane passing low over our heads, a stiff breeze, then the synth droplets start to fall, and the low thud of a disco 'big beat' sets the pace. A monotone arpeggio heralds a distant synth howl, and ghostly stereo whispers. Abruptly, all stops except a persistent drip and soft trickling of arpeggio synths which in turn give ground to a primitive plaintif cry. The beat strikes up again, this time with divers synth half-melodies diving in from side to side, still driven by the pressing tempo of the backing. Another calm; a delayed synth riff slowly builds in intensity, as does the wind. The beat is back, stronger than ever; the voices return, only to be cut short by another thunderclap rolling away slowly into the distance, leaving only the wind and a lonely pipe and frame drum to fade away.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Disclaimer: I'm not feeling too well, and have a long-standing aversion to disco big-beats; I'm not, then pre-disposed to appreciating this in the way it surely deserves. I listened last night, but left out a write-up, thinking to not be able to do it justice; I even considered not posting this one at all, but feel that open honesty is best.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Yes, it's well executed, and has a pretty strong link to the theme. There are interesting elements, the production is very clean, but I'm afraid that, overall, to me, it's too synthetic, and I really can't reconcile the naïve aspect with the drum track. Good work, but not one I'll be listening to often. Sorry, but it's not for me.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/rikki-boyes/looking-ahead"][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"]'Looking Ahead', from Rikki1984 ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Until then...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Have a nice day[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Douglas[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Here is my own, personal, view of the compositions presented in the monthly BC Composition Challenge, in randomly chosen order. I hope that at least some of you may be inspired to give the pieces a listen, and perhaps vote for your 3 favourites. All of them can be heard here...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281744-march-composition-challenge-voting-and-prizes/"][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"]March Composition Challenge - VOTING![/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]... and this 'Play of the Day' here …[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/rikki-boyes/looking-ahead"]'Looking Ahead', from Rikki1984 ...[/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]One bar in with the drums to set the tempo, a heavily-popped bass riff and we're straight into the funky auto-wah guitar rhythm in fine style. The vocals, slightly over-treated, are a little overwhelmed by the mix, but the theme is set, leading into the double chorus with a very nice bridge. Another short liaison brings in the second verse, and the neat bridge; not to the anticipated chorus, but to a calm interlude, then a build up to a poppy 'popcorn' synth riff, playfully panned from left to right through to the fade-out.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]An original view of the picture, taking it as an analogy, or metaphorical hurricane. The lyrics bring this out very well, but are let down slightly by the production and mix. Solid bass, more than adequate drums, the guitar work could have been a tad 'cleaner', but carry off the effect with honour. A refreshing arrangement with the tasteful bridges and the instrumental 'outro'. An interesting listen; well done. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/gxmix/beautiful-destruction-1"][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"]'Beautiful Destruction', from xgsjx ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/gxmix/beautiful-destruction-1"]'Beautiful Destruction', from xgsjx ...[/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Slowly alternating chords from synth pad, accompagnied by suitable wind effects, set the scene, soon joined by an aggressive distorted guitar, then the very heavily vocoded vocals and a fast-pulsing bass line. The drums set up a break beat, the lyrics, undecipherable without the 'cheat sheet', continue. The pace hots up, the drums lift the tempo, the bass sinks to almost tabla-like timbre. The break beat returns and the vocals swell. Again, the tempo lifts, with the vocals echoing around. A calm, pushed forward by the bass until it, too, desists, leaving simply the alternating chords and the wind.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Nicely paced, with an exciting bass line over somewhat bland chords leaving space for the lyrics. Luckily they're supplied; it may nave been worthwhile to mix a bit more 'dry' into the lead voice, as the story is worth hearing, and entirely fitting to the picture. Clean production, not overcrowded; each effect has its place and would be missed if absent. Both calm and invigorating at the same time; not a bad feeling at all. Good work.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/dad3353/vortex"][color="#000080"][font="Arial"]'Vortex ', from Dad3353 ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

Cheers Dad. Very kind words indeed. :)

I did try not using vocoder to start with, but even with masses of auto tune, it sounded horrendous (it's still on soundcloud if you can bare it) & mixing in dry with the vocoder sounded like having an in tune instrument & a well out of tune instrument trying to play the same thing. I really can't sing. :(
I'm trying to get Mrs to sing on my tracks.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1459231002' post='3014542']
Cheers Dad. Very kind words indeed. :)...
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

[quote name='Bleat' timestamp='1459252739' post='3014738']...I promise not to induce migraines with my kick drums next time!...
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485] :lol: :P

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/dad3353/vortex"][color="#000080"]'Vortex ', from Dad3353 ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]A strong, throbbing pulse from the toms, joined by a repetitive bass riff, then the snare comes in with a hard 'thwack..!'; meanwhile a motor is speeding along in the background. A screech of brakes, a squal from the tyres; something has gone wrong. A menacing undercurrent grows, as a voice expresses shock, horror. The bass has stoppped, an anguish is established, the drums, too, cease. The tension rises with 'Jaws'-like horns and strings and an emotive heartbeat, suddenly suspended as an ominous pounding creeps in over a dark rumble. Panic-stricken heartbeats resound as a retreat is beaten over now dis-jointed drums, the motor speeds off but it is, apparently, too late. Disaster strikes, and the screams give way to the rushing wind.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]A rather cinematic representation, taking the picture at face value; the soundscape giving an impressionist view of the immediate past, the present photo and the inevitable future. Elements of dramatics inspired by Hollywood are interspersed, and work best (if at all..!) whilst actually fixing one's gaze on the picture. Maybe just tired, but sometimes I see the characters in there actually move..! ([i]The rest of the film is rather dull; hitch-hiker on a lonely road picked up by divorcee, la-di-da-di-da[/i]...)[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/nigel-jewell/wheres-dorothy"][color="#000080"][font="Arial"]'Where's Dorothy', from fingers211 ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Good day, all...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Here is my own, personal, view of the compositions presented in the monthly BC Composition Challenge, in randomly chosen order. I hope that at least some of you may be inspired to give the pieces a listen, and perhaps vote for your 3 favourites. All of them can be heard here...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281744-march-composition-challenge-voting-and-prizes/"][color=#0000ff][font=Arial]March Composition Challenge - VOTING![/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]... and this 'Play of the Day' here …[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#0000ff][font=Arial][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/nigel-jewell/wheres-dorothy"][color=#000080]'Where's Dorothy', from fingers211 ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Odd, quirky, atmospheric; distant voices and wandering feedback. Chords, then a low kick beat starts a patter; the voices slightly more distinct. A throbbing, the tension builds, then it's every man for himself as the need for chase takes precedence. The menacing throb intensifies, the violins prepare an onslaught... The worst is avoided; a narrow escape, a near miss. Phew..![/font][/color][/size]
[font="Arial"][color="#000000"]Neatly constructed, one may feel the tension in the dialogue provoked by the impending disaster, as in the photo. A neat twist, too (Twist..? Twister..? Nah, I shan't go down that corny old road...), as the foreseeable climax slips past, and all is well. Or is it..? Hmm... Good work, then, taking an original vision from the picture into yet another fantasy world, deftly orchestrated and well arranged. A fresh approach.[/color][/font]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/christofloffer/pretty-misery"][color=#000080][font=Arial]'Pretty Misery', from christofloffer ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Until then...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Have a nice day[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Douglas[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/christofloffer/pretty-misery"][color="#000080"]'Pretty Misery', from christofloffer ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]A slow, short, distant drum intro precedes a forbidding clap of thunder and a lethargic piano pounding out laboured chords escorted by a muffled bass riff, which gradually picks up in intensity when a solo lead guitar glides in to float over the despondant tune. Distant rolls of thunder continue to accentuate the heavy atmosphere as it fades away into a mournful wind.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]I predict (No, not a riot, you fool..!) No, I predict that this will not be a major player on the Ibiza beaches this coming summer. Not that it lacks qualities, far from it, and its repetetive structure could have made it a contender, but it doesn't generate much of a 'Let's parteee' feeling. And nor does it have to, as the subject, taken from the picture does not lend itself to gaiety, either. In this respect, then, this is a very successful piece, although lacking, maybe, in some sense of dynamic. Nice guitar work, an adequate bass line (which could have been better produced, maybe..?) dicreet (too dicreet...) drums and an efficient 'hook' from the keys make this a decent work, although it doesn't bear too much repeat listening. Good effort; could benefit from a bit of polish, maybe..?[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/organicpulseensemble/storm-chasers-lament"][color="#000080"][font="Arial"]'Storm Chasers Lament', from Bastav ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/organicpulseensemble/storm-chasers-lament"][color="#000080"]'Storm Chasers Lament', from Bastav ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]We are greeted into a primitive soundscape of windchimes, odd pulses from a hand drum, (almost...) tuneless whistling of pipes and odd percussions, until a string bass steps forward to bring some semblance of order to the chaos. This provokes a reaction from a gently-strummed, slightly anachronic jazz guitar, joined shortly by flutes, saxes and further percussions, each adding soft touches. All this while the hand drum maintains a hesitant but hypnotic rhythm, over which the bass strikes out on a brave solo, reaching a climax just as the piece ends.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]The title gives the clue to the liaison with the picture, evoking as it does Amer-Indians and their rain dance. I'm not sure that the tornado in the photo is what was intended as a consequence, but I suppose one can't always choose when Mother Nature is in the equation. An original slant, with a very peaceful entrance which gradually picks up pace, and could easily have stretched much further without vexing the listener. Impeccable recording quality, with an unusual, but perfectly adapted, arrangement, executed with sobriety by all players. Excellent; full marks for originality.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/robert-palmer-1/hurricane"][color="#000080"][font="Arial"]'Hurricane', from Bilbo ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Here is my own, personal, view of the compositions presented in the monthly BC Composition Challenge, in randomly chosen order. I hope that at least some of you may be inspired to give the pieces a listen, and perhaps vote for your 3 favourites. All of them can be heard here...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281744-march-composition-challenge-voting-and-prizes/"][color=#0000ff][font=Arial]March Composition Challenge - VOTING![/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]... and this 'Play of the Day' here …[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#0000ff][font=Arial][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/robert-palmer-1/hurricane"][color=#000080]'Hurricane', from Bilbo ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[font="Arial"][color="#000000"]With no more preamble than a cymbal splash, we're straight in, no messing about; a quite furious riff on keys, with a unison bass line over a solid, but staid, drum beat. The 'head' established, the keys go their own way as the bass maintains the frenetic pace. Back through the head once more, but the keys give way to a melodic fretless bass line, hopping nimbly over the continuing original bass riff and the drums. Not for long, as the keys are back with another variant on the riff, then back to the head and out.[/color][/font]
[font="Arial"][color="#000000"]A fine exercise in style and virtuosity, sparse but full, with little clutter or wasted time and space. Nicely recorded, a well-balanced mix and just enough effects on the keys to keep them interesting. Disappointing drums; they are really just a 'drum machine' keeping the beat, but not participating in the festival out front. A pity. Not much direct influence from the picture, either, except the title, although the relatively short work does crack along at a hurricane pace. Good playing, and an edifying fretless solo as a high spot. Nice, but no ecstasy.[/color][/font]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]My next post in this topic will feature...[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/skollob/deconstruction"][color=#000080][font=Arial]'De(Con)struction', from Skol303 ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/skollob/deconstruction"][color="#000080"]'De(Con)struction', from Skol303 ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Whispering throbs, creaking groans and an electro didgeridoo start to build up, then flob out, then come back in with a slow hip-hop beat. Lethargic keys are attacked from all sides by a disturbing array of various effects and synth sounds. A pregnant calm is reached, without resolution, in repeated vibrated key chords.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Struggling, really struggling here. Whatever the style, genre, period or vein the music, if there's one element that I like to cling on to, it's a sense of 'sense'. Here, I'm at a loss. If chaos is a system, we're not far short. If random is reason, then this is finely structured. It comes across, to me, as a heteroclite assembly of unconnected tones, glitches and effects, sewn together with thin, frayed lace. I can't find much in the way of saving grace so, sorry, I'll leave it there. All I'll say to finish is that I now feel older; much older. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/mornats/tornado"][color="#000080"][font="Arial"]'Tornado', from Mornats ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[size=4][color=#0000ff][font=Arial][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/mornats/tornado"][color=#000080]'Tornado', from Mornats ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]A faint start, with distant whistling wind stirring a soft wind chime. The atmosphere is thickened with a pounding drum beat and rolls of thunder, strident strings feed the pressure, aided by low brass announcing a rush of air which... dissolves into a clear, open echoeing space, almost disappearing. The growling horns attempt a warning, but the full fury is unleashed with wild attacks from full guitar chords, powerful jungle drums and insistent violins, the tension layered with assault from all directions, mounting to an effervescent climax and final crack of doom.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]Difficult to listen to this without feeling one's pulse accelerate; it's a vivid reconstruction in sonic terms of the scene portrayed, wound up to a fury after a cunningly deceptive lull. The photo is captured in 3D, with numerous effects and sounds crafted into an entirely credible canvas; the brush strokes are invisible. Top marks from a technical point of view; there's lots going on, but nothing superfluous; I'd even go as far as to pronounce this a Masterpiece. Full marks, on all counts.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial][i]Drizzle of applause from idle onlookers, now drenched, thanks to the imaginary deluge[/i]...). [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][url="http://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/aunty-cyclone"][color=#000080][font=Arial]'Aunty Cyclone', from lurksalot ...[/font][/color][/url][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][/font][/color]

[size=4][color="#0000ff"][font="Arial"][u][url="http://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/aunty-cyclone"][color="#000080"]'Aunty Cyclone', from lurksalot ...[/color][/url][/u][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Meager soft-rock drums open, with an almost funky 'wah' guitar riff setting the tempo and mood, then, with a flourish, the bass and vocals are triggered, these last doubled to great effect. The lyrics seem to take a personal view of the these extreme weather events by imposing a human charactisation on them. Humour, but dark humour. A second verse and chorus are followed by an instrumental, punctuated by chorus whisperings, and even allowing a timid bass solo, until the final sung chorus and out with another touch of zest from the drums.[/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color="#000000"][font="Arial"]Sober, restrained, tactful; there is little exhuberence displayed, but is that a requirement..? Not in this case; the understated atmosphere works well, keeping the attention on the essentials: the vocals. Not to say that the backing is lacking (well, just a spot of 'sparkle', maybe...); it does the job with honour and discretion. If I was to be harsh, I'd liken the bass tone to that of Bill Wyman in his early days, and I'd have maybe boosted the cymbals a little (but that could be my duff ears, too..!). A decent job on the vocals, both the lead and the doubling/backing voices are well mixed; maybe a tad low for the lead..? No, that would be nit-picking. The composition is excellent, and is well suited to the low-key arrangement and production. Yet another slanted view on the photo, perfectly aligned, so full marks there. Good stuff; an enjoyable listen.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]Here endeth my ramblings for this month; more next time, I hope.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1459372939' post='3016007']If chaos is a system, we're not far short. If random is reason, then this is finely structured. It comes across, to me, as a heteroclite assembly of unconnected tones, glitches and effects, sewn together with thin, frayed lace. I can't find much in the way of saving grace so, sorry, I'll leave it there.[/quote]

Haha, brilliant! Cheers Dad. I’m guessing your record collection doesn’t start with A for Aphex Twin, does it? :D

Cut’n’pasted for posterity.

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1459412750' post='3016216']
:)
Many thanks Douglas , it's a bit like you were in my head with that synopsis !!
[/quote]

:o

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1459418576' post='3016291']
Haha, brilliant! Cheers Dad. I'm guessing your record collection doesn't start with A for Aphex Twin, does it? :D...
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote name='RalphDWilson' timestamp='1459419769' post='3016306']
Thanks Dad! Even though I voted early, I kept coming back here to read your comments.
[/quote]

:blush:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]