Why become a member? ×

Later Live with Jools... and the drummer from my band...

urb

Hey peeps

Just wanted to big up my friend and fine drummer Sophie Alloway, I've been lucky to play with her in a couple of bands in the last two years and we're currently working on an album with a singer that i hope I'll be able to preview somtime soon. Anyway she's a brilliant player and is now working with Roots Manuva and because of that she was live on Jools Holland just now. If not watch it again on Friday, or listen to the first track on my [url="http://www.myspace.com/flynnbass"]Myspace page here.[/url]

It's rare to find a drummer that has a great sense of groove and timing and very little ego, AND happens to be a female as well, Sophie is going to have a great career ahead, look out for her on Roots Manuva's tour this October.

Sorry to go on just wanted give the girl some props

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='290443' date='Sep 23 2008, 11:11 PM']Dude.

"You're the bass player from HER band"[/quote]

Fair enough - it's not actually either of our's band - it's the singer's band - but hey I've been playing in bands with Sophie for about three years now... whatever the case, she rocks.

M

[quote name='beerdragon' post='290589' date='Sep 24 2008, 09:28 AM']I'm sure Jules holland introduced david gilmour as Pink floyd. never thought i'd see the floyd in suits even if gilmour was the only original.[/quote]

He said 'Remember a Day... Pink Floyd... Thank you David Gilmour.'

I thought Imelda May was bloody GREAT.

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='urb' post='290545' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:24 AM']Fair enough - it's not actually either of our's band - it's the singer's band - but hey I've been playing in bands with Sophie for about three years now... whatever the case, she rocks.

M[/quote]

Certainly does.

You can't beat a good drummer. Certainly makes a bass players life a lot easier.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='290608' date='Sep 24 2008, 09:50 AM']I thought Imelda May was bloody GREAT.[/quote]

I saw her earlier this year do a little showcase thing and I thought she was alright - but I have to agree with you - she was surprisingly good, nice slappity-double bass thing in that tune as well - but she and the band really gelled, it was cool.

Aparrently there's another Roots Manuva on the longer Friday edition of the show so more funky drumming from Soph to enjoy - and Elbow were ace too.

M