Why become a member? ×

Support slot

Roger2611

Nice one, it`s great when you get to play on the same bill as your faves. Have been lucky enough to be on the same show as Bruce Foxton - From The Jam - and later on this year will no doubt be a quivering wreck when on the same bill as JJ Burnell - The Stranglers. Two of the main reasons for me picking up the bass.

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1458151528' post='3005166']
We have just been offered a support slot for Mark Morris (he of Bluetones fame) this Friday in Leicester, I am really excited as the song "If" by the Bluetones has to be one of my all time favourite basslines

I'm all excited now :)
[/quote]

Cool - whereabouts are you playing?

I did a support slot in The Donkey in Leicester last Saturday for a headliner called Marc O'Reilly. Hadn't heard of him before but honestly it was stunning music. Turned into an amazing night out.

Got to play support to Wishbone Ash a few years ago, my heroes from the early 70's.
I took along my Pilgrimage album from 1971 with me, had a chat with Andy Powell (nice guy) and he signed it for me.
The poster for the gig has pride of place in a frame in my music room.

Edited by steantval

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1458169746' post='3005366']
Cool - whereabouts are you playing?

I did a support slot in The Donkey in Leicester last Saturday for a headliner called Marc O'Reilly. Hadn't heard of him before but honestly it was stunning music. Turned into an amazing night out.
[/quote]

We are at the Musician, not played there before so not sure what it is going to be like

It turned out to be a frapping acoustic set...so no bass player...gutted....but I have to say, seldom have I been more impressed with an acoustic set.....the man has genuine talent.

I understand the Bluetones are touring later this year, if they play anywhere locally I will be attending