Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub Skyline Precision...SOLD
£475

peety

Difficult to do this but I'm putting up for sale is my Lakland Bob Glaub Precision, I didn't think this day would come as I've had this bass from new having bought it from bass central in Florida, however the purchase of 2 new Maruszczyk jakes means something has to go as I just can't justify 3 basses.

The bass was refinished about 2 years ago in Olympic white with a matching headstock by Dave Wilson who also made me a white pearl pick guard to compliment the bass. The finish was superb as I'm sure many people on here will testify to the quality of Daves work.

The bass has one small chip on the bottom edge one of the perils of having been my main gigging bass for the last 5 or 6 years. I have tried to show this in the pictures however my photographic skills are notoriously bad !!!!

This is the Korean version and is fitted with Laklands Hanson pick ups, currently fitted with Lakland medium Gauge flats. I may be biased but I personally think these are as good a precision as there are out there.

Looking for £450 including postage or if you want to collect £430

Bass is located in Wigan up in the North West

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions

Cheers Steve

Edited by peety

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1457633541' post='3000494']
I know Dave Wilson personally and his work is second to none!

Do you have an accurate weight (I'll be the first of the 'weight challenged' shoulder injured bassists to ask)?
[/quote]

I can vouch for that it's a superb job it's got a proper vintage look about it the photos don't do the colour justice

Not sure about the weight I will try and get an accurate measure and let you know it's not the lightest though which is one of the reasons I've gone with the maruszczyk

Cheers Steve

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1459070903' post='3013226']
That's lovely. I miss my old BG. Do you still have the original pick guard?
[/quote]

I may have somewhere the original was a a parchment colour so I could have a look

I'm with you Karl & Big, if someone would take my electro-acoustic I'd have this in a heartbeat! I wouldn't be getting told off by the missus either for staring at basses online!! Lol if there's a deal to be done Steve let me know!

Edited by bassfan

[quote name='bigevilman' timestamp='1459156014' post='3013814']
Why hasn't this gone???? Thank god my van hasn't sold yet, otherwise this would be on the way to me! GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Hi Karl hope you're well sorry original gigbag is long gone must admit I'm surprised this hasn't sold at the price probably says a lot about the state of the market at the moment