Why become a member? ×

Bargain US Fender Highway Jazz for £300

Clarky

Slightly odd though :

From listing :
[i]I don't mind you coming to pick up - Edinburgh until September 26th, thereafter the guitar will be in West London - providing the item is paid for first by PayPal, I won't accept cash.[/i]

Never heard of someone refusing cash and rather pay the paypal fees even for collection? Sounds a little odd to me.

Andy :)

[quote name='backwater' post='289705' date='Sep 23 2008, 10:01 AM']Slightly odd though :

From listing :
[i]I don't mind you coming to pick up - Edinburgh until September 26th, thereafter the guitar will be in West London - providing the item is paid for first by PayPal, I won't accept cash.[/i]

Never heard of someone refusing cash and rather pay the paypal fees even for collection? Sounds a little odd to me.

Andy :)[/quote]
Not odd to me, I won't touch cash as it gives the unscrupulous punter the chance to come round, take your guitar and leave without paying, having threatened to duff you up - this happened with a car sale on eBay last year

That's a great price for that, I tried one of the newer version with the badass and thought it played better than the US Original, hmmm have to stop myself as I am on the look out for another bass soon.

I don't accept cash either, unless I know them or basschatters.

[quote name='Clarky' post='289701' date='Sep 23 2008, 09:53 AM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120308944361"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=120308944361[/url][/quote]

How do you know its £300? Or am I having a another slightly senior moment

Some people find the whole business of dealing in cash quite unpleasant. You have to stand there holding note after note up to the light to ensure the buyer isn't trying to pass you a couple of fakes. It's pretty much tantamount to accusing said buyer of trying to rip you off, but you never know, so you have to go through the whole rigmarole.

Also, the seller knows you're genuine and not some tyre-kicker who's going to turn up, find a whole load of non existent faults and walk off without paying.