Why become a member? ×

I need ear protection !!!

hen barn

Stable door/missing horse situation for me. I ruined my ears in the 90s before I knew better.

For all rehearsals/clubs/gigs/anything with raised volume levels I use disposable Moldex 35db plugs. They don't block all frequencies equally but as I'm used to how they work that doesn't bother me!

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1457191017' post='2996205']
[url="http://www.read-audio.com/"]http://www.read-audio.com/[/url]

Have a look at these guys they all used to work for ACS but have now set up their own company

they're excellent value and their 48 hour turn around is the fastest you're going to find anywhere
[/quote]

Thanks for this one! They look like they may be worth a look for IEM too!

I've got some ACS pro 10's with mixed results, if I use them in both ears I feel horribly isolated ( started with 17's they were even worse) I they do take out more top end than anything else, I use the ACS's in the ear with tinnitus , which is the side I have the drummer on and a generic one in the other ear so I can hear what's going on better, mind you I already have hearing loss (around the 2 - 8K hz range) so someone with good hearing might have a different experience

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1457355825' post='2997621']...[color=#333333]What the hell is a drom?[/color]
[/quote]

Drom is a commune in the Ain department in eastern France.
In the commune there is a dairy selling comté cheese, butter, cream, fromage blanc and newly resurrected medieval fromage de CLON made from local milk, and three 'Artisans d'art'.
Just sayin'.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1457363351' post='2997760']
I've got some ACS pro 10's with mixed results, if I use them in both ears I feel horribly isolated ( started with 17's they were even worse) I they do take out more top end than anything else, I use the ACS's in the ear with tinnitus , which is the side I have the drummer on and a generic one in the other ear so I can hear what's going on better, mind you I already have hearing loss (around the 2 - 8K hz range) so someone with good hearing might have a different experience
[/quote]

I think we've had this conversation before. IMO you're endangering the only good ear you've got left.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1457375454' post='2997943']
I think we've had this conversation before. IMO you're endangering the only good ear you've got left.
[/quote]yeah you're probably right, rock and roll,
edit,
sorry just reread this, didn't mean to be flippant, personally I've decided to risk it so I still enjoy playing gigs, which I don't with the feeling of detachment I get using ACS pro's in both ears

Edited by PaulWarning

Just bought some Alpine music safe earphone plugs.

http://www.gear4music.com/Drums-and-Percussion/Alpine-Music-Safe-Pro-Ear-Plugs-Black/1ASW?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=*PLA+Shop+-+All+Products&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=**All+Products&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=60656d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=35246608516&gclid=CN7rhcS1scsCFfEV0wod6MUJLg

Going to use them for first time tomorrow so I'll let you know if they are any good.

Especially want them for our rehearsals which tend to be louder than our gigs as playing mostly theatres disperses the sound. I very rarely have ringing ears after gigs even with a moderately loud drummer. My Markbass gear and aurelex grammar pad have also meant a more present sound at lower volumes reduced boom from hollow stages which means lower volumes as well which I think is helping.

Edited by ballstomonty