Why become a member? ×

Photobucket

hiram.k.hackenbacker

Right. I think I've worked out what the problem is.

It appears HJH is using the correct link but then placing it in Basschat with the image button effectively wrapping it in 2 sets of IMG tags:

[code]" class="ipsImage" />

Nope. Doesn't like Imgur either.[/code]

If the link you copy from your photo-hosting site already contains the IMG tag you can paste it into the reply directly without having to use the image button.

HTH.

Edit: it would help if I actually could type the right tags myself!

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1456773681' post='2992177']
Interesting......... I can't replicate that & get a result!
[/quote]

Have a look at my reply above. Check your code by clicking the light switch icon top left in the reply window which stops the Forum from trying to parse the code and shows what has actually been typed/copied/automatically generated.

Indolent so-and-so that I am, I copy the Imgur link, then paste that, as is, directly into the text box. Other OS may be different, of course, but the less I mess about with codes and stuff, the better I feel (done it for too many years, now... :unsure: ). The icône to the left of the Imgur code field even does the copying for me, so it's all win.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1456773918' post='2992179']
Have a look at my reply above. Check your code by clicking the light switch icon top left in the reply window which stops the Forum from trying to parse the code and shows what has actually been typed/copied/automatically generated.
[/quote]
Cool - that opens another tangent - in Pbucket the IMG link doesn't need the "picture box" icon to be clicked, just a direct paste. Using the box generates the double IMG you mention. Whereas the "Direct" link does need the box icon.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1456774138' post='2992182']
Indolent so-and-so that I am, I copy the Imgur link, then paste that, as is, directly into the text box. Other OS may be different, of course, but the less I mess about with codes and stuff, the better I feel (done it for too many years, now... :unsure: ). The icône to the left of the Imgur code field even does the copying for me, so it's all win.
[/quote]

The whole point of modern forum software is so people don't have to bother messing around with code - even the relatively simple IP Board tags. However it's always useful to be able to look "under the hood" and understand what is going on when things don't work as expected.

I still can't get it to work with PB, but that photo I've just posted (of the rear of the amp) I copied the Imgur code straight into the comments box with the lightswitch flicked to code, then flicked it back and the photo appeared, even before I posted it. Doesn't appear to work the other way around though!

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1456774702' post='2992197']
The whole point of modern forum software is so people don't have to bother messing around with code - even the relatively simple IP Board tags. However it's always useful to be able to look "under the hood" and understand what is going on when things don't work as expected.
[/quote]

Indeed; I totally agree. I do that too, then close the bonnet and get on with whatever I was supposed to be doing..! :D

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1456769579' post='2992083']

In that case, any recommendations for alternative free quality photo hosting?
[/quote]

I always use http://imgur.com

A couple of things to try; do you see a toolbar full of buttons when composing a post? On a mobile device you don't, you are editing the raw form of the post and have to use IMG tags. If you see the buttons however, there is a button to insert an image, where you then paste the direct image link into the popup box.

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1456816215' post='2992403']
Just checking mine still works...

Seems OK but if the functionality for direct linking disappears then Photobucket is useless to me and i'll have to use something else...
[/quote]

I'm loving that bass!

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1456818132' post='2992411']
I'm loving that bass!
[/quote]

It's my new Peterbuilt fretless Jazz... very pleased with it :) although it is very very yellow... :blink:

Out of interest, what did you trade your ACG for?

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1456820571' post='2992443']

It's my new Peterbuilt fretless Jazz... very pleased with it :) although it is very very yellow... :blink:

Out of interest, what did you trade your ACG for?
[/quote]

Did you do a nbd thread would like to see more, I think the colour is fantastic.

A few people have asked about the Acg I traded for a Jim fleeting custom, has a east pre in it that's much easier for me to use and if I'm honest I hated the very asymmetric neck on the Acg, while pivoting the thumb in various positions it didn't feel right going from thin to fat depth. A quality bass though, looked great. Disappointed about having to let it go.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1456825485' post='2992510']
Did you do a nbd thread would like to see more, I think the colour is fantastic.

A few people have asked about the Acg I traded for a Jim fleeting custom, has a east pre in it that's much easier for me to use and if I'm honest I hated the very asymmetric neck on the Acg, while pivoting the thumb in various positions it didn't feel right going from thin to fat depth. A quality bass though, looked great. Disappointed about having to let it go.
[/quote]

I was tempted by that Jim Fleeting custom myself, looked like something a bit different :)... be interested to hear how you get on with it.