Why become a member? ×

SOLD 2011 American Standard Jazz Bass £675. Take a peek........
£675

tommorichards

For sale £675

Here is your classic long running Fender American Standard Jazz bass, in 3 tone sunburst of course. The 2011 model comes with everything you expect, including its current owner upgrading the pickups to handwound formvar pickups, made by a small custom pickup house, wound to original specs. So, safe to say, if you want a jazz bass sound, youve got it.

BUT, if you dont want a jazz bass sound, simply roll off the bridge pickup, and it sounds like a precision. Notice how i stated LIKE, not IS. Thats because i wrote that word there. Sounds very precision-y when played. You want to play with a pick? GO AHEAD, its sound badass! Want to use your fingers? THROW THEM AT IT! It'll take it like a champ, and sound smooth or as funky as you like. Want to try a bit of slap and pop? DO IT! This machine was the original for it. Itll love you for it and kiss you if you dont. Want to Djent? GO AWAY, this isnt some 11 string guitar made for play Djent. This is a bass.

What it has got too, is the stock bridge, which i think, in my brain, is awesome. Taken from years of experience, or the will of a design guy, to combine 3 types of jazz bass bridges. The Classic threaded saddle from the originals, allowing for alternate string placement should your soul so desire it; The normal round ends of the saddles taken from the old style fender bridge, for maximum tone-age; and of course a larger tail end of the bridge, not a piece of ben sardine tin you found in the bin after your dog went through it that one time. So yeah, the bridge is a sexy piece of engineering.

But guess what ITS ALSO STRING THROUGH. This allows for absolute NASA spec sustain throughout the entire body of the bass, as well as the body of the basser who is in connection with it, which includes the very floor/garden/precariously balanced chair you stand your leg trunks on.

And, as im such an amazing person, you'll even recieve the FACTORY FORM FITTED BLACK AND FURRY SUPER DUPER SKB HARD CASE WITH KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In essence, if youre after a jazz bass that sounds like a jazz bass because youve always wanted a jazz bass because of that one time your favourite bass player/singer/deck chair/dads buddy/walrus had one, then thats what you'll get here.

In case youre one of those chaps or chapettes who needs more than words to buy something, well, allow me to shower you with exactly what you desire. Pictures. They are, if you scroll down, below. You best be ready.......

This bass is currently housed in a house based in a secure location on the wirral peninsula. For a more specific location/gps coordinates/pigeon to gaze upon its glory, PM the hell out of me.

TL:DR? 2011 Fender jazz bass + custom pickups with hardcase. Pics:

Edited by tommorichards

Sorry guys. Not really after trades as I've already got my eye on a bass.

@jassbass. I'm not sure if they do. The bridge pickup was already dead when the bass arrived in my hands so these pickups are the only sound I've heard from it. Sounds spot on though. Literally what you imagine a jazz to sound like.