Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Musicman 2005 Ltd Edition Buttercream **SOLD**

Mr Cougar

Hey guys I'm not 100% on this yet but I think I'm going to have to move this on.

It's a 2005 Musicman Stingray limited edition in buttercream. Does all the stuff a normal Stingray does, there isn't a whole lot to really say you all know what these are about 3 band eq. It yellow-er than it looks in the pictures. It has some damage to the headstock which I've shown in detail and if anything looks worse than it is. Some buckle rash on the back which is really hard to show on a guitar this colour see the pic with the neckplate and serial number it's just on the contour). It has schallers on it. Comes with a brown HS case which has a furry brown lining that was standard with these limited editions. It has a matching headstock and a natural finish neck.

I'm in Scunny most of the time, but I can arange to drop it off along the M62 or Lincs come see me, I'm open to trades for a similar value bass, I wouldn't mind an early 90s Stingray, the only reason I don't want to keep this is because I don't like the natural finish neck compared to my shiny one on my '93.

£650, no offers. I'll post it but it'll be extra (guess maybe £25)

I'll also add that I've cleaned it since these pics were taken, and the sticky marks near the pickups and the top edge of the scratch plate are gone.

Edited by Mr Cougar

Hi Mr.Cougar (close neighbour of yours, just up the road near Barton!)

This is a lovely looking bass. I was thinking for a moment that I'd quite like it, then I suddenly realised that I'd need to spend another £400 on a Status neck for it, just for curiosity's sake!

Best of luck with the sale & a free *BUMP* on me!

Rich.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='290114' date='Sep 23 2008, 04:59 PM']I take it you've finalised a sale Mr. C seeing as how I note that you may well have hit the BIN on your next bass :huh:

Congratulations looks nice :huh:[/quote]

Yeah, well spotted man, you stalker!! :)

Just waiting for the cheque to come, but I had some GAS funds spare and it looked like a bit of a bargain to me.

Sorry Mike, I just couldn't get on with the neck and I had massive GAS for a 4 string Spector and I operate a 1 in 1 out policy. I doubt it will be one of those basses that gets passed around it is a really great bass, just that damn neck, I thought I'd get used to it but I never did. I even considered having Shuker put a satin finish on it cos I liked the bass so much but that would have been a travesty.

I hope you are getting on with my Sandberg.

Edited by Mr Cougar