Why become a member? ×

An unused Westone. Nice, but two and a half grand?

leschirons

[color=#0000ff][i]"This fine instrument left the legendry Japanese Westone Factory in 1984 and was bought by a investor."[/i][/color]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]So if we disregard the spelling mistake (presumably just a typo), we are left with:[/color][/font][/size][list]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The non-existent "Westone Factory" - has he [/color][color=#000000]not heard of Matsumoku?[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Or is this why he describes it as "legendary", i.e. non-existent?[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And how many investors were buying new, mass-produced Japanese guitars in 1984? And why?[/font][/size]
[/list]

I think he made a typo and added an extra naught at the end.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1453478476' post='2959890']
[color=#0000ff][i]"This fine instrument left the legendry Japanese Westone Factory in 1984 and was bought by a investor."[/i][/color]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]So if we disregard the spelling mistake (presumably just a typo), we are left with:[/color][/font][/size][list]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The non-existent "Westone Factory" - has he [/color][color=#000000]not heard of Matsumoku?[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Or is this why he describes it as "legendary", i.e. non-existent?[/color][/font][/size]
[*][size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And how many investors were buying new, mass-produced Japanese guitars in 1984? And why?[/font][/size]
[/list]
[/quote]

Well it is a rather fine instrument, if I says so myself. Tiny though, mine feels like a toy in my hands.

I think he'll do well to replace "investor" with "my uncle, who then stuck in the loft behind the water tank and forgot about until he passed away and we cleared out his stuff" :)

[color=#000000]The [/color][color=#000000]Concord[/color][color=#000000] range gained a reputation of being so easy to play due to their super high build quality, hence the name “The Players Guitar”.[/color]

As opposed to the loft-stuffing uncle's guitar....

Maybe you'd get a free card in the case? If you go through Westones at the rate I do you'd complete the album in no time. Heaven knows what he would want for a mint Paduak or Prestige, which were the more collectible models.