Why become a member? ×

Fender Urge MK1 32" Stu Hamm FS/FT

RaNoFuNkY

SOLD!

Cheers all.

Hi all,

Putting this back up for sale on the back of the recent Stu Hamm tour. Open to offers/trades/part exchanges. Trade-wise, I'd be interested in anything with a 32" scale or shorter, graphite or wood. This includes any of the cheaper Mexican standard urges out there too!

The bass is in top nick, not a single dent or dink to be found on it anywhere apart from a slight burnished look on the rear Fender neck plate. Its a USA 32" model, with the Pau Ferro neck and 4-way selector switch controlling a JPJ setup. The 4 way rotary controls passive, active, active with midboost and standby modes. The three-position switch enables all pups, just P and just J's. The other two concentric pots are volume//pan between the two J pups and treble cut/boost//bass cut/boost. Consequently this bass is very flexible!! Combining active and passive modes with the variations in pickups gives great variation, think passive jazz to passive precision thumper, to the cut of an active jazz/precision.

Needless to say its a virtuoso's bass that can cope with Stu's ecclecting playing (slapping/tapping monster to RoCk BeAsT!!). So I'm sure someone out there can give it a better home than me.

I love the neck on this thing. Slapping is a joy, and tapping really rings out the notes without sounding harsh or trebly. Its a very responsive bass. It also has fitted a hipshot drop D-tuner, which allowed me to *attempt* some of Stu Hamms pieces he played with his Kubicki X-Factor.

With regards to the pictures below, the finish is actually a black SPARKLE or flake, with a white pearloid scratchplate and gold hardware. My pants phone camera gives the impressions of gloss black, but its really a subtle sparkle.

[attachment=13426:DSC00784.JPG]
[attachment=13427:DSC00791.JPG]
[attachment=13428:DSC00788.JPG]
[attachment=13429:DSC00786.JPG]
[attachment=13430:DSC00787.JPG]

Will consider the dog in a PX!

These things tend to hold there value, and don't often come up for sale. I believe there was a "burgandy mist" mk1 that went for £950 on here last year

Edited by RaNoFuNkY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Had a few PMs, so just to confirm, this is the MK1 medium scale version - NOT the 34" necked version that Stu Hamm currently plays.

I've played both and I certainly prefer the 32". Seems more playable to me, but then I'm only small!

Glad to hear it. Always wanted to have a dog but I am way to irresponsible and lazy.

I dont think I had even heard of this model til I saw this one.
I am intrigued by short scale basses as I am relatively titchy but never really played any - always fancied an Alembic SC. but the weight would have killed me.
Do u get plenty of bottom end with the short scale?

BB

To be honest, I have certainly played shorter 32" scales, if that makes sense! In fact, the reason I'm considering selling it is because the neck is just a bit to big for me, feels more like a 34" which I'm not really a fan of. I play other 32" necks and they certainly feel much smaller in my hands.

Plenty of bottom end going on mate, I really like the versatile preamp, plus the multiple options on the pups really give it some beef. I have used it for all types of music, and it sounded "real", the preamp options don't make it sound gimmicky if you know what I mean.

It's actually hanging in a shop in Twickenham at the moment if anybody fancies an inspection

Plenty of bottom end from the Eric the wonderdog too.

• 7 months later...