Why become a member? ×

FS Levinson Blade B4 Jazz bass guitar
£800

bladebass

FOR SALE

Levinson Blade B4 bass guitar from the early 1990s. No dents or dings but some hairline scratches on the finish that are visible in the correct light. The electronics are original but it has been rewired by a guitar technician recently. This guitar is in good condition as it has not been used a lot. It comes with a hard bass guitar case. I have been advised that this guitar is extremely rare and worth in the region of £800 to £850. However, please contact me with offers. Due to the massive weight and size of the guitar and case, I would prefer it if it could be picked up from Colchester, Essex. Thanks.

[quote name='bladebass' timestamp='1452531091' post='2950872']
£500? Anyone?
[/quote]

I've owned 2 B4s from same period.
Incredibly flexible preamp, excellent Japanese build and an ebony board that your fingers glide over.
I had to sell at a time of severe financial pressure. Really miss mine.
I think they suffer from not having a known name on the headstock.
If I compare what other basses go for on here, I would say it's worth every penny of original asking price. Latest asking price is daft.
GLWS

Hi wd you send it to germany? Which preamp is in the cavity. Could you kindly make me some add. Photos incl the control cavity hence pics which document the cosmetic aspects of the bass. Trussrod ok? Heavy deadspots everywhere? I used to have 2 b4 blades and gosh still regret the sale. Pls photos to [email protected]. Im looking for straight buy, no trades, brgds rolf

• 2 weeks later...

Can I make a comment? Stop saying how heavy it is. That is going to put off a lot of potential buyers. Most bass players want a lighter bass so being told it's too heavy is just going to scare them off.
GLWTS though.

UPS affiliated couriers come and collect from your home. All you need is to get a quote, agree price with buyer, get some cardboard, bubble wrap and brown tape, and bobs your....and with a hard case, no sweat.

Blades are fantastic instruments. £500 is about right. Should fly out the door.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='bladebass' timestamp='1460842557' post='3029318']
Yes it is. Anyone interested in taking it off my hands for £250? Its sitting there in my bedroom doing absolutely nothing. Im going on holiday next week so could do with the cash.
[/quote]
I ll take it......

[quote name='Bassmachine' timestamp='1460848079' post='3029348']
I m hoping not ...i sent message before write here :)
But the fate will decide
Cheers
[/quote]

LOl me too

Good luck :)

Cheers

Edited by Stance

I wasnt expect any response but I have had a lot so its clearly too low so I need to differentiate on price I guess. I am not being greedy but at the same time I don't want to be taken for a mug. I will say £350 and open to offers so PM if still interested.

[quote name='bladebass' timestamp='1460927214' post='3029932']
I wasnt expect any response but I have had a lot so its clearly too low so I need to differentiate on price I guess. I am not being greedy but at the same time I don't want to be taken for a mug. I will say £350 and open to offers so PM if still interested.
[/quote]
Sorry mate but you make us to send you messages for the bass.....
If you want to make something an auction who will pay 350 than.250 that you listed I believe its not right because we spent our time....
You re the seller but you must know what you re asking for your bass

Edited by Bassmachine

[quote name='bladebass' timestamp='1460927214' post='3029932']
[/quote]

No "sorry" in your response - that's not asking much, is it?

I really want that bass, but I'm not trusting you anymore.

I'm out!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...