Why become a member? ×

EHX Crayon Overdrive...anyone tried it?

Thunderpaws

It sounds very mid based ,could imagine it cutting well in a punky/rock band.
My only gripe with Exh pedals of this size is that I wished they placed the footswitch closer to the bottom of the enclosure,I have a bass soul food and I'm forever knocking the knobs .

Edited by danbowskill

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1451775794' post='2943414']
The Crayon and Colour Box both look like cracking pedals.
[/quote]

The JHS Crayon is based on the JHS Colour Box but the EHX Crayon is totally different and just happens to share the name, just to confuse us all! Then to add to the confusion, EHX inexplicably offer it with two different graphics?!

https://reverb.com/blog/introducing-the-jhs-the-crayon-dot-dot-dot-and-the-ehx-crayon

Edited by dannybuoy

• 2 weeks later...

The JHS Crayon is a stripped down version of the $400 Colour Box, which replicates the pre amp of an old Neve desk. As far as I can tell by trawling the online reviews, the EHX Crayon isn't a copy of that, it's an overdrive pedal. So I'm not sure they deserve to be compared just because they share a name. I suspect the EHX will attract lots more buyers as it doesn't seem like a bad pedal, and it's way cheaper than the JHS.