Why become a member? ×

Barefaced choice

Kevin Dean

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452850855' post='2954018']
It's a triumph of function over form! :D
[/quote]

...and handy for selling the bass rig at a car boot sale when the next GAS attack comes along. But personally, I'd leave it on the floor and just turn it up a notch. Its not like a 1000w Ashdown with a barefaced cab is likely to struggle with headroom. :lol:

I think the issue is being over-complicated somewhat. There is nothing at all wrong with the OP's cab - I used a Super 12 for three months or so and was very impressed - the issue is about the OP being able to properly hear it onstage when standing right next to it. Which means either raising it or tilting it.

I inadvertantly bought one of these once. http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_18950.htm
Don't ask, it is a long story which I can no longer remember. It does a fabulous job of lifting and supporting my 86lb cab and firing the sound at my head.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1452863687' post='2954189']
I inadvertantly bought one of these once. http://www.thomann.de/gb/km_18950.htm
Don't ask, it is a long story which I can no longer remember. It does a fabulous job of lifting and supporting my 86lb cab and firing the sound at my head.
[/quote]

That's a proper job! A bit pricey for this miser, though. ;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1452863149' post='2954178']
I think the issue is being over-complicated somewhat. There is nothing at all wrong with the OP's cab - I used a Super 12 for three months or so and was very impressed - the issue is about the OP being able to properly hear it onstage when standing right next to it. Which means either raising it or tilting it.
[/quote] correct :)