Why become a member? ×

The World's gone mad....

Jazzneck

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1451253937' post='2939159']
A used Ditto X2 Looper has just sold for £112 + £3 postage on eBay UK.
You can buy a new one on Amazon UK for £100, free postage.
Madness, IMHO of course.
[/quote]

Maybe some people refuse to accept Amazon's low prices because of the way they treat and pay their staff.

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1451253937' post='2939159']
A used Ditto X2 Looper has just sold for £112 + £3 postage on eBay UK.
You can buy a new one on Amazon UK for £100, free postage.
Madness, IMHO of course.
[/quote]

This happens many, many times, best advice before buying anything: check price, customer service, warranty etc etc. |s observed, the well known internet auction site provides endless examples of this :gas:

Edited by 3below

You see the same on here though. There's a particular bass that's for sale at the moment, if you search through the sales adverts you'll see its been sold a couple of times before, (or one has that looks very, very similar), for a lot, lot less. Probably why it's still for sale.

I am not sure if I object to someone offering something for sale more than they bought them for, it is down to the buyer to decide if it is worth while to them. There are always some basses / amps etc here where you think that either the buyer hasn't checked the price of something as they are trying to sell it for almost full price. And considering the market is still pretty dead, you aren't going to get far with that.

A good few years ago I sold a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab on ebay. The bidding war started at about 10mins before the end of the auction period and the winner ended up spending something like £20 less than what they go for new, and had to collect. That`s the thing with ebay, it`s not the seller who dictates the final price - unless they put a buy-it-now on it - it`s the buyers. I very much doubt I`d pay virtually the same price as something new though.