Why become a member? ×

Single cut basses

Kevin Dean

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1463857917' post='3054621']
That Jerzy Drozd is quite nice but only three neck bolts? Makes me nervous that the neck will move or snap. And you'd put it out of whack every time you picked it up.

Arghhghh it's not viable
[/quote]

Snap? Lol
Definitely not, if a neck is built specifically for a body, then it's going to be a super tight fit anyway, it won't move, the bolts are just there's to hold it in place.
There are 4 bolt fender necks that move, they're production basses, the necks are not designed for an exact body, random necks are matched to random bodies.
But still, never heard of a 3 bolt fender neck joint 'snapping', let alone a custom build from one of the most respected in the world.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1463859064' post='3054632']

But still, never heard of a 3 bolt fender neck joint 'snapping', let alone a custom build from one of the most respected in the world.

Si
[/quote]

Snap maybe not but I think it's common for them to move out of alignment...

Anyway, take your point about the Drozd... look's a beaut!

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1463857917' post='3054621']
That Jerzy Drozd is quite nice but only three neck bolts? Makes me nervous that the neck will move or snap. And you'd put it out of whack every time you picked it up.

Arghhghh it's not viable
[/quote]

I don't understand how you know more about this bass than Jerzy Drozd does.

If he has designed this bass to work with 3 neck bolts then that's all it needs.

I never used to like Singlecut basses but fell for ACG's Finn R Type body shape after stumbling upon a few photos. Ordered one and it turned out to be incredible 😊

Edited by skej21