Why become a member? ×

Recent NBD x 2 (Limelight & USA MM SUB)

Raslee

1) I missed my old Limelight P lots....Limelight is just up the road...road trip and bought an amazing Thin Lizzy replica..... but not a big fan of the mirror guard so fitted a tort guard and some cream pick up covers...plays and sounds sublime.

2) I missed having a Stingray vibe around but didn't want to pay out £700-800+ for a second and one, always liked the US SUB's and got this stunner at half the price recently... plays and sounds sublime too.

Happy bunny.....Nuff said' ;)

Cheers chaps, yes definitely enjoying this pair. Gigged the Limelight last Friday and it had a lovely warm tone through my Orange rig for the soul band...was very old school and Jamerson heaven yet with great definition on every note.

I also used the SUB last night with a relatively new 90's covers band and I really enjoyed the fullness, and aggressiveness, of that bass. As many have mentioned before me I think the trick with stingray's is to cut at the preamp and then add to taste rather than full on zing, in doing this I got some nice warm tones with the SUB and could add deeper bass for more dubby/dance tracks i.e. Massive Attack tracks. Although I can't stop breaking into old Chili's & RATM riffs...the Stingray sound somehow transports me to the 90's I think haha

Can't make up my mind if tort should go on the black sub....sorry Discreet :D :P

Edited by Raslee

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1450161969' post='2930073']
Can't make up my mind if tort should go on the black sub....sorry Discreet :D :P
[/quote]

Noooooo - the standard checker plate one is very cool!!!! (my view might be influenced by having several Stingrays with normal pick guards!!). Also worth giving the Sub a go on old school Motown - they can really thump in a defined, warm way - especially if you pluck nearer to the neck joint.