Why become a member? ×

NBD Shine rk2000

ballstomonty

Managed to bag one of these for £180. Been looking for a Ricky copy for Darkside my Floyd band and chose this one due to recommendations on bass chat so thanks guys.

Bit of trouble with neck pickup but think it's just some dirt in selector switch. It wasn't working at all at sellers house so took 20 off original offer was 200 but a bit of fiddling at home and it's coming through though not as loud as bridge.

Just needs a new set of strings and a slightly higher action as d string is buzzing. Great neck and fretboard suits my big sausage fingers, now if only that headstock wasn't so obvious!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/Michael_Ridley-Dash/F00C2C47-6968-4EC2-A5F4-7702E6214CD0_zpsgip4vpu4.jpg

[URL=http://s304.photobucket.com/user/Michael_Ridley-Dash/media/F00C2C47-6968-4EC2-A5F4-7702E6214CD0_zpsgip4vpu4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/Michael_Ridley-Dash/F00C2C47-6968-4EC2-A5F4-7702E6214CD0_zpsgip4vpu4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by ballstomonty

Yep got Seymour Duncans as standard. Weird getting used to the massive pick up cover and not sure how the muting bar works yet. Impossible for me to palm mute with the pickup cover in place. My amps not at home as my band are doing some recording at the weekend. Tried it through a peavey wedge monitor as its all I've got here and even on that the bridge pick up sounds stonking.

Sounds good so far. Although need to open it up as definite loose connection on neck pickup. Desperately needs the action raising for me. It's buzzing like mad but it is very low at the moment and I like to give it a bit of welly.

Can't wait to get some new strings on it needs extra long scale so I'll have to order them online as my local shop doesn't have the long scale.

Probably going to put rotosound rounds on it although people on Talkbass recommend Dr hi beams they are 10 pound more a set.

I'm recording with my pink Floyd band this weekend so it's going to have to be the trusty fender.

If it wasn't buzzing I give it a try on Arnold Layne as Roger Waters plays a Rick on that, but it needs some TLC before it can be put to work.
Frustrating as I really want to overhaul it and see what it can do. But I'll Have to wait till next week.

[quote name='ballstomonty' timestamp='1449849744' post='2927532']Although need to open it up as definite loose connection on neck pickup. [/quote]

Is there a rattle when you're playing, or is it an electrical buzzing?

On one of my Rockinbetter's, there was a really annoying rattling sound when I was playing (both plugged in and acoustically) that I couldn't track down. Checked all the usual suspects, bridge, saddles, nut, tuners, etc, etc. with no luck, the rattle carried on being a right pain in the proverbial.

Until I removed the scratchplate, and discovered that the neck pickup cover was loose, which was then vibrating in the scratchplate when playing, causing the rattle. A quick blob of superglue on the inside of the cover/side of the pickup plate, left it to set, and I haven't had a rattle since in over 2 years.