Why become a member? ×

Calling moderators: post removed?

spiltmilk_2000

Good evening, Russ...

This question could perhaps better have been addressed to the Mods or Admins by PM, but, as you've posted here...
The topic you've referred to read, to the Mods handling that section, too much like a disguised 'Sales' ad, in effect inviting offers for the item being described in such detail. Maybe, if the request was, in fact, innocent, you could find a more suitable way of framing the question..?
Hope this helps.
Douglas

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='spiltmilk_2000' timestamp='1449644016' post='2925419']
Thanks Douglas... My post wasn't intended to breach any rules. And I had no idea how to contact the mods elsewhere. Sorry all! It won't happen again...
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

A fair point, too, concerning contact. I'll take that up to see if that can be improved. There's a re-vamp of the site on the cards for soon; maybe it's not too late to suggest stuff. Cheers.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1449654941' post='2925531']
It would be helpful if the post could be replaced by a one liner to say that "the post has been removed because it breached the rules".

Just disappearing the post isn't really the most helpful course of action.
[/quote]

A fair point, depending on circumstances. It may surprise some to see exactly what gets removed and why, sometimes. All is not fit for public exposure. There are often judgement calls, of course.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='sellisnba' timestamp='1449654052' post='2925512']
I find it interesting/annoying that we have to pay to sell items. I'm a member of a few forums and BC is only forum where you have to pay.
Bah humbug!!
[/quote]

Maybe sell your bass on those forums then, or ebay? :)

Si