Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NBD: Maruszczyk Jake PJ (humbucker)

wateroftyne

[quote name='Bass Culture' timestamp='1448986297' post='2919829']
WoT - what's the radius of the fingerboard? I'm awaiting mine for delivery towards the end of January but I never thought to check the radius before I pulled the trigger. Unless it's silly tight it won't be a problem but I do prefer something over 12" usually.
[/quote]

Oof... I wouldn't like to guess. It feels fairly standard if that helps?

Hey hey hey

It's the kind of weather that makes you want to stay in the house and make a video :)

Caveats: The strings are fresh-out-of-the-packet flats, so they're zingy as hell (yeuch!), the whole thing was done in a hurry, and I still don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to recording and mixing my own bass. Apart form that.. errr.. it's OK.

I'll do a video with rounds when I get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFM3h7JaPvk

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1449332969' post='2922705']
Hey hey hey

It's the kind of weather that makes you want to stay in the house and make a video :)

Caveats: The strings are fresh-out-of-the-packet flats, so they're zingy as hell (yeuch!), the whole thing was done in a hurry, and I still don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to recording and mixing my own bass. Apart form that.. errr.. it's OK.

I'll do a video with rounds when I get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFM3h7JaPvk
[/quote]

Awesome playing and a great sounding bass. I'm so impatient to get mine :)

I used it last night at a rehearsal before our run of gigs over the next couple of weeks, and it sounded beautiful. It's definitely a bit more aggressive than my 3TSB, so I've got a nice contrast there. The narrow neck and maple board is something I wasn't really used to, but I don't really think about them now - it just feels great.

Gigged it a couple of times so far, with lots more coming up over the next few weeks. Its a beautiful thing - definitely more aggressive than my 'burst, and the bridge pickup is a monster in 'bucker mode. It's a nice tonal alternative - the realist is, I'm happy to play either. Different flavours of lovliness, and all that.

The weight is great, the notes are all as clear and even as my 'burst. Mind, it's taking my a while to get used to maple - I do like my rosewood. :-)

I haven't got much in the was of video to show off yet, just this from a mellow gig 'tother night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvTE_bmN8y4