Why become a member? ×

Hipshot D-Tuner Experiences?

Skybone

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1447247088' post='2906054']
No.8, have you checked the bridge & tuner screws as well? Do you have the option to "lock" your bridge saddles (like the G&L saddle lock type thing - a grub screw in the bridge which pushes the saddles together)?......
[/quote]

Hi No 8 - I was going to suggest this too
Other than set-up being way out, loose tuners, or the bridge or its' saddles being able to move - I can't understand why this is happening.... Just out of interest - what's the bass?
Good luck sorting it anyhow :)

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1447247688' post='2906072']

Hi No 8 - I was going to suggest this too
Other than set-up being way out, loose tuners, or the bridge or its' saddles being able to move - I can't understand why this is happening.... Just out of interest - what's the bass?
Good luck sorting it anyhow :)
[/quote]

Thanks for your help guys.

Its a stingray. Setup and intonation are good, will check bridge and tuner screws just to make sure.

I don't think it's really a problem though. Checking with the tuner pretty much showed its mostly just in my mind.

I fitte one fitted to my Explorer Bass, (very easily done!) and really do like the convenience of it, particualarly when having to switch tuning on the fly at a gig, occasionally have tuning issues.....but easily sorted.....!
I am seriously considering fitting one to my Squier P, but will need to get someone to do it as some drilling for screws will be needed, and I don't trust myself......still really want to do it as I am playing the P more and more at the moment!

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1447247088' post='2906054']
Ezbass, good to hear from a Ric owner. I know mine's a Faker, but if they work on a Ric, they should work on my Faker. :)
[/quote]
When you've done your measuring, etc, drop Hipshot an email, they are super helpful IME and will point you at the correct product.