Why become a member? ×

extra long/super long strings....lack of!

ebenezer

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1447089412' post='2904749']
D'Addario, La Bella, GHS, Rotosound, and I expect many others, all do extra long scale strings.

They aren't always in the shops but, for example, I bought La Bella 760N EXLs by emailing La Bella and asking for what I wanted.
[/quote]

Yep, Super Long strings aren't easy to find in stores, i get the D'Addario Super Long for my 35" bass from Thomann. I use to buy in bulk to save on shipping charges.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1447090342' post='2904769']
Yep, Super Long strings aren't easy to find in stores, i get the D'Addario Super Long for my 35" bass from Thomann. I use to buy in bulk to save on shipping charges.
[/quote]

Normal long scale D'Addario's fit my 35" Modulus.

Does the OP run the strings through the body? If so, bassstringsonline.com has a technical article that sets forth the various manufacturer's various winding lengths so a proper string can be mounted. Mount a string on the bass and tune it up to pitch. Then take a marker and make a mark on the tuner side of the nut. Remove the string and measure from the ball to the mark. That is the length of winding needed, and can be cross-referenced against the chart.

Edited by iiipopes

[quote name='iiipopes' timestamp='1447174161' post='2905541']
Does the OP run the strings through the body? If so, bassstringsonline.com has a technical article that sets forth the various manufacturer's various winding lengths so a proper string can be mounted. Mount a string on the bass and tune it up to pitch. Then take a marker and make a mark on the tuner side of the nut. Remove the string and measure from the ball to the mark. That is the length of winding needed, and can be cross-referenced against the chart.
[/quote]

We've got something very similar [url="http://www.daddario.com/upload/BassArticle2_1803.pdf"]HERE [/url]for our bass strings.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1447164574' post='2905418']
Normal long scale D'Addario's fit my 35" Modulus.
[/quote]

The thicker part of the Low B misses my TRB's nut by a couple of mm with Long Scale strings, maybe it's the individual saddle bridge that gives it that extra lenght...