Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Thunderbird - SOLD

Tait

hey,

I'm selling my epiphone thunderbird IV in sunburst. i can get pics up if you want them, but its a fairly bog standard thunderbird. theres a pretty big ding in the body, but its on the side so not really noticeable from the front. selling cos GAS has got the better of me. i've got rid of the neck dive, so that has also left a small hole where the strap button previously was, which i have blacked out so its barely noticable. You can always move the strap button back if you want.

im asking £160 + postage for it [b]*PRICE DROP - £145*[/b]

cheers,

Luke.

Edited by lwtait

I forgot to add im including a thunderbird hardcase. thunderbirds don't fit into most gigbags or hardcases cos they're so big (although i managed to squeeze it into a warwick gigbag but it was a difficult fit), so the cases have to be handmade.

Pics:
[attachment=13072:thunderbird.JPG]
[attachment=13073:thunderbird__4_.JPG]
[attachment=13071:thunderbird__1_.JPG]
[attachment=13074:thunderbird__2_.JPG]

yes, it is as red as in the pics. theres a very slight burst, but its more of a cherry burst than the sunburst on most thunderbirds. i bought it second hand and don't have a clue how old it is, so perhaps its an older version or something? does anyone know?

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='beerdragon' post='279882' date='Sep 8 2008, 06:12 PM']I knew you were going to ask that. about fity quid?
[url="http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/product_info.php?PID=725"]http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/product_info.php?PID=725[/url][/quote]

Aren't they the same bass, except GAK haven't written the "IV"?

If not, the "IV" is up for £182 on Thomann:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_thunderbird_iv_ebass.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_thunderbird_iv_ebass.htm[/url]

I'm not trying to be a dick, the only reason I ask is that I'm quite interested in this. Just trying to establish if this is a good deal or not (once I add on the postage).

Edited by BigBeefChief

Chief, buy it. It's an excellent deal - you'll have to shell out at least another £50 for a bag or a case. Mysteriously no-one selling them cheap seems to have them in stock. As my old boss used to say - you can have anything we haven't got half price.

Edited by deaver

[quote name='deaver' post='279910' date='Sep 8 2008, 06:46 PM']Mysteriously no-one selling them cheap seems to have them in stock. As my old boss used to say - you can have anything we haven't got half price.[/quote]

+1. GAK have them listed at what looks a great price, but when I tried to order one a few weeks back they had none in. I've not seen them in stock anywhere at anything like that price.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='279822' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:07 PM']Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but can't you buy these things new for £170 or am I getting confused?[/quote]

when you try ordering one from GAK or thomann youll have a couple of months wait cos they're having problems with epiphone cos of rosetti closing down (i know thomann say 2-5 days but they didnt even have it in stock after nearly 2 weeks, never mind dispatched, and GAK said a couple of months so im guesiing the same time for thomann).

also, gak doesnt give you a case. as i said, thunderbirds dont fit in normal cases, so they have to have handmade hardcases made by epiphone that the shop who sold it to me said costs £50 new (cant confirm this - if anyone can that'd be great!). the case isnt in perfect shape, but it all works and its all asthetics that are damaged (few small "dings" in the leather), i can get pics up if you want.

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='deaver' post='279910' date='Sep 8 2008, 06:46 PM']Chief, buy it. It's an excellent deal - you'll have to shell out at least another £50 for a bag or a case. Mysteriously no-one selling them cheap seems to have them in stock. As my old boss used to say - you can have anything we haven't got half price.[/quote]

ah missed this post. everything that deaver's said confirms what i said in my last post.

EDIT: in regards to a PM i recieved i thought i'd just add that this is bolt on neck, not neck thru.

Edited by lwtait

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='279840' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:25 PM']think they go fora wee bit more than that new[/quote]

I was going to post another "here's a new price" link. Oh, I will. £170 + about £6-7 postage.

[url="http://www.dv247.com/invt/37230/product.htm?gdftrk=gdfV2356_a_7c416_a_7c1181_a_7c37230"]http://www.dv247.com/invt/37230/product.ht...c1181_a_7c37230[/url]

But the hard case is worth a bit if it's a good 'un.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='280866' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:48 AM']I was going to post another "here's a new price" link. Oh, I will. £170 + about £6-7 postage.

[url="http://www.dv247.com/invt/37230/product.htm?gdftrk=gdfV2356_a_7c416_a_7c1181_a_7c37230"]http://www.dv247.com/invt/37230/product.ht...c1181_a_7c37230[/url]

But the hard case is worth a bit if it's a good 'un.[/quote]

4. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='280868' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:50 AM']4. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments.[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm new around here, but am not an internet newbie and am quite used to "robust" online debate. I'll delete my post (if the board allows it) from another thread. You've quoted my post here, so deleting it won't help.

Look, tbh i don't care if anyone thinks its overpriced. i've already pointed out plenty of reasons why its worth it, and i really cant be bothered to keep repeating myself. if you dont like it ignore it, it makes no difference to you, and doesnt put people off buying my bass. its my bass and i have every right to sell it for what i want to sell it for, and i think what ive put it up for is a fair price.

its not overpriced including the hardcase, and its way below the RRP, and it here, right now, i can go see it and check its still hanging in my room, unlike GAK or thomann who don't have them in stock. and if you go to a music shop you wont find them any cheaper. so thats the last time im saying it. ok?

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='280868' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:50 AM']4. If you have a problem with the price of an item on the forum, stating it in an aggressive way on the thread undermines the sellers listing. Often however feedback on fair pricing is useful and constructive. Bear this in mind and be considerate and vigilant. If anyone is seen being aggressive or SERIOUSLY overpricing an item them you are best off sending a PM to the member and to a moderator. The best policy is that if you do not like the price, move on. The seller won’t sell and you avoid any arguments.[/quote]

Who has been aggressive? Or has the post been deleted/editted?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='281226' date='Sep 10 2008, 04:21 PM']Who has been aggressive? Or has the post been deleted/editted?[/quote]

i dont think it was aimed at you, you were simply asking why i had this up for sale at £20 cheaper than GAK, which is a fair enough question with a fair enough answer.

i [i]think[/i] it was aimed at annoying twit, but not really sure. i wasn't offended by what he was saying, but i think the point was that you'd already pointed out one site that had it priced at £169.99 so pointing out another is undermining my sale.