Why become a member? ×

'Unique' 50's P bass on ebay...

TPTroll

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-50s-Style-Precision-Bass-Right-Handed/262036149196?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33661%26meid%3D20cc412dc37f478e93008dd12e9155d6%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D291565352585

To be fair, not many other people are offering a service where they'll take your £80 harley benton bass, roughly spray the body custard yellow whilst letting some of the original sunburst to show through, and charge you an extra £70 for it.

WHAT A BARGAIN.

Having taken a peek at it from the OP's link, I was hoping I'd never cast eyes on it again. But Facebook knows that I looked, and is tormenting me with a "suggested post" exhorting me to "[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Buy it now on eBay before it's too late![/font][/color]" Arrrgghhh!

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1443630113' post='2876439']
Asked the seller what work they did to make the deko jazz bass playable. " It's not a deko !! that's a mark left by a clamp during manufacture."

Then they suggested I go do something else :D
[/quote]

The Seller guy is a total tool, which is something he never uses on the Basses he sells.....

You have to admire his chutzpah mind, asking £150 for it.

Funny how the category "New Other " states it should not have any sign of wear....

It sold......

The problem is of course you've got to remember that when PT Barnum said 'There's one born every minute' the world's population was much lower. If we assume that the proportion of fools in the population has stayed steady, that would mean that there's one born about every seventeen seconds nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...