Why become a member? ×

Silverfoxnik's Autumn Clearout - various items for sale
£300

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

I’ve recently acquired quite a bit of new gear, so it’s time to have a bit of a clear out and, as I I have a number of things to sell all at once, I thought I’d put them onto this one thread to make it a bit easier to get them up for sale quickly.. So they are as follows:

1. [u]Tech Soundsystems TVM350 head[/u] - [b]SOLD[/b]

2. [u]1982 Peavey Mk IV amp & footswitch[/u] - [b]SOLD PENDING THE USUAL[/b]

As I've said many times on Basschat, I really rate these old Peavey heads though they are very, very unfashionable and heavy.. But there's a real old-skool charm to them in my opinion and if like me, you like to have two channels for different basses in gig situations and you like a warmer, less 'hi-fi' tone, then these are just great for achieving that on a budget!

[attachment=201688:20150722_165842.jpg] [attachment=201689:20150722_170034.jpg]

3. [u]Vintage Peavey 115 cab[/u] loaded with an [b]Altec Lansing[/b] driver, circa 1980's – [b]SOLD PENDING THE USUAL[/b]
This is a great sounding cab that perfectly matches the Peavey head above.. I can't stress just what a sweet sounding driver this is.

[attachment=201687:20150722_165700.jpg]

4. [b]Rare Reussenzehn Daniel D valve pre amp [/b]for sale for which I'm asking [b]£55[/b] or near offer. See original thread here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/226378-fs-reussenzehn-daniel-d-bass-deluxe-tubebooster-l65-pp/"]http://basschat.co.u...booster-l65-pp/[/url]

Recently serviced and in full working order, this is quite a rare piece of kit that produces a really warm, valvey tone that makes a huge difference to the overall presence of your sound when playing live!! And as a bonus, it provides a significant gain boost which is particularly useful if you use passive basses like I do.

It's currently fitted with a Sylvania 12ax7 from 1976 which can be bought with the Daniel D for an additional £15, otherwise, it’ll come fitted with a more generic 12ax7 valve.

[attachment=201690:Enable Me Pictures 157.jpg] [attachment=201691:Enable Me Pictures 164.jpg]

I’m happy to listen to sensible offers on these and am also happy to ship them at buyers expense.. If you’re local to me in West Sussex then you’d be very welcome to come and try them out in person..

Thanks for looking. :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

I'll never sell my Peavey MkIV head. Reliable and almost indestructable, great practical tone shaping, ALWAYS enough volume with plenty to spare + two channels.

All that for under £100 ?

I'm almost tempted to buy this as a spare. Thing is, mine has never so much as hiccupped, so why would I need spares ?

Good luck with the sale Nik

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1443480136' post='2875208']
There are no weighbridges open at this time of day :blink:
[/quote]

No, read it again. He's going to 'weight' it. Make it heavier. This will prove that it's good stuff; we all know that heavy is better..! :lol: :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1443480426' post='2875212']

No, read it again. He's going to 'weight' it. Make it heavier. This will prove that it's good stuff; we all know that heavy is better..! :lol: :P
[/quote]

:D

Definitely!

Actually, the 'weight' of the aforementioned vintage Peavey amplifier is 16 kilos..

Which is 35.27 lbs in old money :)

[quote name='bassix' timestamp='1443510660' post='2875277']
I use the same model Peavey head at my practice studio, its a great bit of kit, does make me wonder why I'm looking at £500+ amps when you can get these at a fraction.
[/quote]

+1

..er, why am I selling this Amp exactly ????

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1443515724' post='2875343']
16kgs - thanks Nik. I will pass at this weight, which is a shame as it is such a bargain! I suppose you need to weigh up (!) which you need more - this amp or £75.
[/quote]

No problem Paul..

I now have too many amps & cabs so need the space.. But I do feel quite nostalgic about this Peavey Amp for some reason?

Possibly because it was the first Amp I bought 10 years ago when I started playing again after a 12 year break.

Other PMs replied to...

[quote name='essexbasscat' timestamp='1443465505' post='2874991']
I'll never sell my Peavey MkIV head. Reliable and almost indestructable, great practical tone shaping, ALWAYS enough volume with plenty to spare + two channels.

All that for under £100 ?

I'm almost tempted to buy this as a spare. Thing is, mine has never so much as hiccupped, so why would I need spares ?

Good luck with the sale Nik
[/quote]

Only just seen this post, sorry, but thanks for the uber positive endorsement...

You know, after having a number of inquiries about it yesterday, I decided to A/B the Peavey last night against my Thunderfunk TFB550 and my Tech 21 Landmark 300 heads, and in terms of volume and 'punch' (if that makes sense), it wasn't found wanting at all..

Admittedly, it's not as sweet and hi-fi sounding as the Thunderfunk and it doesn't have the drive tones that characterise the Tech 21 head, but it was still very impressive for a 33 year old amp that's going for a song...

[quote name='Can'tthinkofausername' timestamp='1444163933' post='2880867']
Sounds like you've discovered the Landmark's 'forté' then Nik? I thought you'd like it!
[/quote]

Definitely!

It's a great sounding amp, or should I say 'amps' ... because it really is a flexible and rather clever piece of kit.. :)