Why become a member? ×

ashdown VU meter

mrhectic

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='285450' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:34 PM']I would love that as an EQ monitor....
just add an EQ underneath it and u can see where you might want to compensate![/quote]

That VU meter combined with a rack EQ would also help you compensate for your amazingly small manhood!

:)

Edited by Waldo

• 6 months later...

[quote name='Tengu' post='278228' date='Sep 5 2008, 08:47 PM']I was taught at college that VU stood for "virtually useless".

Basically because the needle responds too slowly to give you a true indication of peaks. As a general guide I suppose it does just fine though. A simple clipping LED is far more useful but nowhere near as sexy.[/quote]

virtually useles?!

I find it essential to be able to see how fast i'm playing!
Even if it does mean i play the whole time with my back to the audience!

Ashdown VU gets the thumbs up from me. It works just fine and is an excellent visual marker for input gain. Works with the mute button on, so if anything goes wrong on stage, like you need to change bass or whatever, you can check input gain is ok without making a sound.