Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Northern FX Gathering 11th October

tayste_2000

A northern effects gathering/jam I can arrange it all I have my own practice room so no one would need to pay for anything.

This is similar to what I do for my birthday jams.

So if anyone is interested pop your name down and we'll start knocking around dates but I am thinking in the next 2-3 weeks.

BTW I'm in Stockport just outside Manchester so all are welcome.

Date now set 11th October

Hope to see you there.

Details to follow closer to the time.

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='277112' date='Sep 4 2008, 03:47 PM']If it's past Watford and people can't talk properly then it's the north. :huh:[/quote]

As opposed to all the londoners with their cockney rhyming slang, "innit" and the rest of their colloquialisms? Such as "I'm gonna proppa knife you up good if you don't gimme your phone, innit."

Ooh. Bring on the North-South divide. :)

[quote name='truegeminis' post='277135' date='Sep 4 2008, 03:58 PM']Such as "I'm gonna proppa knife you up good if you don't gimme your phone, innit."[/quote]
I heard a Londoner threaten to 'wet' someone up recently. I know it was meant to be threatening, but I nearly 'wet' myself!

ON TOPIC - If someone goes to this and has a chance to nick tayste's pedals, there's a few you could sell on to me.

[quote name='dangerboy' post='277252' date='Sep 4 2008, 05:55 PM']I heard a Londoner threaten to 'wet' someone up recently. I know it was meant to be threatening, but I nearly 'wet' myself!

ON TOPIC - If someone goes to this and has a chance to nick tayste's pedals, there's a few you could sell on to me.[/quote]

I think that's a good way to find out why it's called Gunchester most of the time

[quote name='johnnylager' post='277296' date='Sep 4 2008, 07:09 PM']Watford? The bloody South Downs are north mate. Lets 'ave it.[/quote]

:) +1

I’m living in the north at the moment, but the locals are calling it the midlands, a bit like inthemiddlebutnotquitesurelands. Anything north of Luton is “The North”, that’s what the M1 signs tell me anyway.

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='282452' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:11 AM']I'd bring my MIDI setup and synthy stuff. Also, I'm a drummer with access to kits if that helps any? I'm in Didsbury, Sounth Manc.

Dan[/quote]

That's cool on the Midi stuff, my drummer will be joining us anyway so if you wanted to bring a small kit to have a 2 drummer 1 bassist jam :) more than welcome :huh:

I'm thinking the 11th of October once I've confirmed with my band that I've not got anything on that weekend.

Also time wise 2-6ish maybe longer and break up the day into people explaining their setups and showing off what they can do and then jam sessions with who ever wants to play.

My room has lift access and is 500sq ft so feel free to bring as much gear as you want.

I'll bring the following

Basses
Overwater Evolution 5
Overwater C Bass Progress 5
Valenti No3
Rickenbacker 4003
Dearmond Starfire

Amps
Mesa 400+
Simms-Watt PA100
Hopefully Trace Elliot v6
and I'm hoping to have my new matamp cabs as well

I'll also have both my pedalboards, I'm sure you know what is on them.

Cheers