• advertisement_alt

Mark bass cab advice

JamesBass

What music do you play?
What venues?
Do you have a loud drummer?
Do you take the bus to gigs?
What sound are you looking for?

Without this info, you'll only get a list of Mark Bass cabs and will still have no idea if what's being suggested is right for you.

Good luck

Edit: and click to follow the thread, so you get alerts when folk post stuff.

Edited by Grangur

2x10 traveller...for rehearsals, smaller gigs/lower volume bands
2x10 front ported...bigger sound all round than the traveller
Combining the two (as 8 ohm cabs each = 4 ohm load to the amp),
is terrific as a stack that has been plenty for me over the years.
Replace both for a 4x10 cab though for me, I prefer separate cabs for the sound.
The 4x10 with a (either) 2x10 is mega volume.
There are 15" cabs, both traveller and bigger. The traveller works very well with the 2x10 (or under the 4x10).
The large 15" is a mighty beast, I had one but it was too much for the clubs, and sound engineer! Best used for
large halls/ outdoor/ stadium stuff.
As Grangur notes, what style is the volume you want is the final choice of cabs. Check the ohms per cab to
get the best power off the amp.
There are other cabs but the ones mentioned are the ones I use/ have had.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1441619468' post='2860211']
What music do you play?
What venues?
Do you have a loud drummer?
Do you take the bus to gigs?
What sound are you looking for?

Without this info, you'll only get a list of Mark Bass cabs and will still have no idea if what's being suggested is right for you.

Good luck

Edit: and click to follow the thread, so you get alerts when folk post stuff.
[/quote]
Yeah probably shouldn't have posted this thread in a rush earlier!

As for your questions, I play everything stylistically from your standard pub set, to funk, jazz, double bass, etc. etc.
I play any and all venues from the awkward pub to the established live venues.
I drive so never use public transport
I play with many drummers and some are exceptionally loud, others not so loud.
Sound wise I'm after articulate and even, I want my sound to be full and pronounced but subtle as well - hard ask I know aha!

Well the rear-ported 410 is cab enough for your needs, an at something like 50lbs isn`t too bad on the back. Two of the 210s would probably be a good idea, use one for rehearsals/smaller gigs, double up when needed. Or as said, get a 410 and a 210 - I`ve not had Markbass stacks of those but have with other brands and it really is immense.

As a TTE owner I would suggest that a cab with good lows would match well. My suggestion would be the Randy Jackson, Traveler 121H (preferably 2), or one of the 4x10's or Standard 2x10. I wouldn't recommend the Traveler 102 by itself though as it's a little too shy in the lows for that head.

I would say that if you've bought the TTE you're looking for a pretty vintage tone in a lightweight package. I never really found the Markbass cabs did the vintage vibe particularly well, so I opted for the Bergantino NV115. It's closed back and sounds very old school, but is still light enough for a one hand lift. It handles lots of power which is good as I have the TTE 800. To be fair I've never tried the Mark bass Randy Jackson signature 15 cab, so that might well do a similar job. One thing I've recently found hugely helpful is getting an MXR graphic eq pedal as the tone shaping on the TTE is pretty useless, and it has made life a whole lot easier.