Why become a member? ×

Thomann

NancyJohnson

UPS are collecting from the delivery point (my place of employment) next Monday.

I'm going to wait for the replacement...but there's no urgency for a quick replacement right now as [earlier today] I left the band I was in, so I don't need it so quickly. My old Ashdown MAG combo is fully repaired (thanks to some stuff Ashdown parts sent out FOC), so if I need to make noise superquick, I'll just sit the combo on top of my 1x15. It's done me for the last year; it'll do me for the next few weeks.

P

Thomann p*ssed me around royally for a month regarding a bass I got from them that was "new" and had clearly been used, and was missing a number of bundled accessories. I documented every contact with them ( incuding their guitar expert -an englishman telling me it did not come with x cable when the manufacturers website said it did etc), wrote to Herr Thomann himself and got an extra 50 euro credit note.
They even suggested I had damaged it deliberately just to get money knocked off: I nearly exploded at that one!

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='276589' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:49 PM']They're very relaxed about returns. You have to find your own courier to ship back to them (I used Parcel2go IIRC), then they'll refund.[/quote]
I think you'll find that under the Sale of Goods Act, you can reject the goods if the find the fault within a reasonable period of time and report it to them. They have to collect, or pay to collect and you can even charge them for storage if you incur costs.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='josh3184' post='307541' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:30 AM']glad it worked out in the end![/quote]

+1

Ive just ordered a new Fender from them. I intend to send it back if i don't like it. I emailed them first and they were fine about this, in fact they were quite insistent that i was 100% happy with the bass or send it back.
Hope i am but i still feel very confident about using them.
finger crossed.