Why become a member? ×

Nice but way too expensive

Twincam

A mani replica. That while looks nice is way too expensive I don't even think it would be worth half the asking price if it was actually mani's bass. But what do I know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stone-Roses-Rare-Mani-Epiphone-Jack-Casady-Bass-Must-See-Item-With-OHSC-/291537135502?hash=item43e0f7a78e

I wouldn't be interested in it if was Mani's actual bass and you paid me to take it. Well, OK... if the price was right, I might take it and make a video of myself throwing it into a swamp, then post it on YouTube, just to annoy Stone Roses fans.

But there's no accounting for taste, one man's kilt is another man's transvestism, there's nowt as queer as folk, horses for courses, it would be a boring world if we all... blah blah blah. :)

Edited by discreet

"[i]This is truly the rarest piece of stone roses memorabilia any fan/collector could possibly own...[/i]"

I'd have said the original was probably rarer and a whole lot more desirable to any sensible collector :lol:

[quote name='bigmuff69' timestamp='1439879746' post='2846363']
About £3500 to {sic} expensive[/quote]
+1

The seller is having a "Giraffe". £4000 for a replica with no provenance save the paint job was done in the same place as the original?

That's like saying a modern P Bass is the same as James Jamerson's 60's one, in that it came from the same maker.

Lot's of these replicas around where some cheap Bass or guitar is done up like an original and the seller hopes some [s]dickhead [/s]collector is willing to pay a crazy price for it...