Why become a member? ×

NBD - Warwick Fortress Flashback

inthedoghouse

Guest Jecklin

Let's see a photo' of all three together please ;)
I own a masterman too (my only bass these days) and I'm suckered by the (fugly?) fortress shape.

[quote name='Jecklin' timestamp='1438784590' post='2837281']
Oh and I had never realised the flashback has a unique design of bridge. Nice
[/quote]

That's a 2-Tek bridge. It was an optional extra with extra money above the standard bridge.

Most of the bridge is hidden inside - it's a massive chunk of metal!

Edited by fretmeister

Nice collection of Fortress'
I think the 2-Tec bridge was standard on the Flashback originally, the standard 2 piece bridge/tailpiece was used on later custom shop built Flashbacks(I'm going from memory so forgive me if I'm wrong)

I have a 97 Fortress one in red high polish stain with a maple neck, I replaced the stock electrics with EMG pickups and an Aguilar OBP 3 preamp.

[quote name='verb' timestamp='1438804907' post='2837612']
Nice collection of Fortress'
I think the 2-Tec bridge was standard on the Flashback originally, the standard 2 piece bridge/tailpiece was used on later custom shop built Flashbacks(I'm going from memory so forgive me if I'm wrong)

I have a 97 Fortress one in red high polish stain with a maple neck, I replaced the stock electrics with EMG pickups and an Aguilar OBP 3 preamp.
[/quote]Thanks, Verb - I really like the Fortress series too, in case it wasn't obvious :-) I think you're right about the 2-Tek bridge being standard on the first issue of Flashbacks, then they started installing the Warwick two-piece bridge we all know.

Maybe you could post a pic of yours sometime? :-)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1438809361' post='2837679']
Those Fortresses are all gorgeous, and that bridge! I had never seen the like before. Can I join the club with my own Fortress? Rockbass I'm afraid, but a nice 5er :)

[/quote]Thanks - nice looking Fortress you have there. Love the colour! :-)

Following is copy/paste from another thread

Quote. "After much research, it would appear that the first run of Flashbacks (96/98) only about 60 were made. These had the 2TEC bridge.

The second lot, about 150 made between around 98/2000 had the usual 2 piece Warwick bridge."

[quote name='verb' timestamp='1438810501' post='2837691']
[url="http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php/11063-Another-97-Fortress-One"]http://forum.warwick...97-Fortress-One[/url]

Some old pics on the Warwick forum of my F1 before I changed the electrics

You need to scroll down a bit ;-)
[/quote]Lovely looking Fortress there, Verb :-)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1438851512' post='2837911']
Following is copy/paste from another thread

Quote. "After much research, it would appear that the first run of Flashbacks (96/98) only about 60 were made. These had the 2TEC bridge.

The second lot, about 150 made between around 98/2000 had the usual 2 piece Warwick bridge."
[/quote]Thanks for that, Karl - always the good guy :-)