Why become a member? ×

Post Your Band In Shorts

Hobbayne

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1436184559' post='2815660']
Yeah, this is just wrong....
[/quote]

Cool, thats Lizzy Hale. I saw her at SummerFest last week with her band Hale Storm. She started that band when she was 13 with her brothers. I understand they worked their butts off to get where they're at.

Interesting, I didn't think they were that big. They had a line a mile long 2 hours before their show for merchandise. Good for them.

Blue

Edited by blue

Blue, they're getting more popular over here, getting some airplay on the rock radio stations, and early next year I got tickets to see them play Wembley arena supporting Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry, which should be enormous fun!! Didn't know the back story though, very interesting, and nice to hear that the hard work sometimes pays off. She has a great rock voice too, there's some footage of her doing Slave to the grind duet with Seb Bach, she can rip it!!

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1436179555' post='2815564']
No shorts. Unnaceptable stage wear. Band t shirts too.
[/quote]

Oh well... sometimes I'm happy to be "unacceptable" - especially if the gig is right next to the beach...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyk_TmmOyek

Apologies for the dodgy backing vocals (not mine I hasten to add!)

Looking at these pictures, it's clearly not the shorts that are a problem.

Middle aged man rarely looks good in anything, especially badly tailored ill fitting shorts. Some guys can look good in anything - some can't.

To me, in my forties, the only ' unacceptable' stage wear is stage wear that makes me physically uncomfortable, so when it's hot, it's shorts time! Thought we all agreed after Cobain that there are no unacceptable things to wear?😀

I love em. Last Saturday we played an out door afternoon gig in the glorious sunshine then at night in a hot, sweaty and tiny pub. Anything other than shorts would he been hideous. Well........possibly Dick Venom's action slacks but that would have lead to multiple bouts of projectile vomiting from the audience so best avoided for my band I think.....

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1436271073' post='2816563']
To me, in my forties, the only ' unacceptable' stage wear is stage wear that makes me physically uncomfortable, so when it's hot, it's shorts time! Thought we all agreed after Cobain that there are no unacceptable things to wear?😀
[/quote]

The unacceptables are:
Football shirts, M&S jeans, bobbly jumpers.

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1436211384' post='2816084']
Blue, they're getting more popular over here, getting some airplay on the rock radio stations, and early next year I got tickets to see them play Wembley arena supporting Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry, which should be enormous fun!! Didn't know the back story though, very interesting, and nice to hear that the hard work sometimes pays off. She has a great rock voice too, there's some footage of her doing Slave to the grind duet with Seb Bach, she can rip it!!
[/quote]

Check this out, talk about ripping it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTgSQRA0hU