Why become a member? ×

Cool acrylic bass

JJW

Must admit to not having had a close look at the tuner/bridge assembly. It's a different design to Steinberger or ABM, I think - it's like a rather more compact and sophisticated version of the Warwick Nobby Meidel tuning system, or the Kramer Duke system, so it's actually four worm-drive tuners on their sides laid front-to-back and turning a peg with a hole in that takes a normal string end (the strings in the Ebay auction are single ball end), while I think the Steinberger/ABM system is a screw going through a block with a hole in that takes a ball end.

Totaly different body shape to what I was going for but still interesting. I guess it would be easy to just ignore the body and build another. Tempting.

Anyone decided to give it a go? We could have a competition to see who can make the worst headless.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1433136440' post='2788078']
The tuner/tail piece unit photo is upside down. If you look at the body there is a step in the bridge rout,flip the tail piece
and no doubt there'll be saddles on top.
[/quote]

You're quite right! No wonder it looks a bit steampunk! :lol:

J.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1433287388' post='2789852']
Pretty sure this is one built from the eBay kit:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Headless-bass-guitar-/321772665240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb253998"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aeb253998[/url]
[/quote]

Is it just me or do those pickups look slightly misaligned?

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1433321574' post='2790000']
Is it just me or do those pickups look slightly misaligned?
[/quote]

Agree with that. The bridge on this one looks like the licensed type used on Hohner Jacks & B2s, and isn't the same as the kit one.

Jon.