Why become a member? ×

Overkill?

Bassman Sam

I'm now the proud owner of a Line 6 LB400 bought today off the forum. I'm not going to be able to fire it up in anger until Tuesday. I've downloaded the manual and I'm looking forward to getting to know it. I also have a Zoom B3 and now I'm wondering if I'm going to be in tech heaven or hell. I've always been a plug in and play guy so I'm now getting a bit worried I'm going to get totally overloaded by the tones I can create

Any thoughts?

Edited by Bassman Sam

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1430609929' post='2763110']
True Lozz but I'm going to have to try every combination. I think my head will explode.
[/quote]

Ah, option anxiety - I remember it well from my days of guitar multi-effects and multi-channel amps...

I used one in the studio and it had 6 sounds, and I did find one
so I think it will be useable. We had to mix the amp and DI down
so it worked, but I seem to prefer more organic sounds.
Wouldn't complain at the pricepoint tho...

I have a Zoom 3 & a Zoom B61 ( I think that's what it's called ) & for me I spent far too much time fiddling with them at home , getting some great sounds but at gigging volume the levels were all over the place . so I stick to the over Drive , Comp & Sub /Oct built into my Ashdown ABM 400 digital & very happy with it .

I had an LD 175 some years back. It was a bit heavy to shift around but I found some tones in it that I really liked and kept in the pre-sets. The one criticism I had was that it didn't have a clean tone I.e. there was always some kind of effect in play. Didn't bother me too much to be honest. The only reason I shifted it was to get something more powerful - and lighter.