Why become a member? ×

I had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. Now my fingers hurt!

Thunderpaws

Anyone else experienced this?

Got it from my wee boy about 3 months ago. When I was recovering the skin peeled from my finger tips and bottom of my feet. Don't play bass with my feet so that's ok, but I can't seem to get my fingers tough again and my fingertips are hurting every time I play. Any remedies out there?!

What a stoopid post.

Doesn't seem stupid to me :)

No remedies, except maybe gloves. Which is not going to suit a lot of players, I know :D

What does your GP say? (Let me guess: "It'll get better with time and practice." Then you can ask if you can get practice time on prescription :D )

[quote name='dadofsix' timestamp='1430320605' post='2760261']
Help a poor fellow out who lives on the other side of the pond . . . Hand, Foot and Mouth disease???? Whassat????
[/quote]

I hadn't heard of it either. Sounds like another reason I'm glad I've not had children.

I picked it up last year- loads of little blisters on the hands and feet, and the most raging sore throat I've ever had- could barely speak and swallowing any food or water was agony.

I was very ill for a week.

It didn't cause any problems playing bass tho

Hi folks. Yeah, those that have had it will know the throat part is the worst, and the fever. Like swollowing broken glass for a few days. My hands and feet rashed up with big red blotches. Thought it was clearing up but about a week later all of my skin fell off my finger tips and now I play on thin soft skin. Doesn't seem to be toughening up much. Sure it will in time though. Has made me better with a pick though.

Hi folks. Yeah, those that have had it will know the throat part is the worst, and the fever. Like swollowing broken glass for a few days. My hands and feet rashed up with big red blotches. Thought it was clearing up but about a week later all of my skin fell off my finger tips and now I play on thin soft skin. Doesn't seem to be toughening up much. Sure it will in time though. Has made me better with a pick though.